Video Games Silent hill 4... >.> <.< ... BOO!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Angel from hell, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

2. cosmos

cosmos New Member

Im looking forward to this of course. I hope it doesnt continue the downward curve in quality first shown in SH3. If it's as effective as 1 or 2 then ill be very happy.

3. Angel from hell

From what ive heard it's gonna kinda be like Sh2 for it appears to have no link to the general story... & doesnt even begin in silent hil, a town near bye... time will tell

4. Dante

Dante New Member

I guess it must have just been me, but I didn't notice any "downward quality" in Silent Hill 3 but, alas, oh well. ;) I just found out about this, actually, while searching for more on Onimusha 3 and took a look at the trailers and screenshots and the mind-bogglingly life-like character renders and I was left in pure and utter joy and ecstacy. Alas some people have been thrown off by how it starts in a "cursed apartment room"... but, oh well, their loss, missing out on such a great game. ;) Honestly I prefered the whole sick, twistedness and shock factor that we got in 1 and 3 as opposed to the psychological mind-**** that we got in 2, but from what I saw and read this looks to be a combination as it is said this game is to contain even more weapons and even more enemies (as in more numbers, so that means more killing :p).

Can't wait to go through another sick, twisted world with Henry as I have with Harry, James and Heather. :p And I wanna know who that long-haired fellow is. ;P

*****SPOILERS*****
    By the way, Silent Hill 2 DID have a link to the others, in a way; there were miscellaneous mentions of the cult and it delved more into the town's past, I believe. Also, there is one ending that links to the cult, when James revives his wife.
    *****SPOILERS*****[END]

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

Silent Hill 2 scared the Sh1t out of me...i dont even want to know what the last 2 are like...

6. The_Stranger

The_Stranger New Member

I loved every Silent Hill game, especially one and three. I damn near cried my eyes out when you find..... well for those who beat it you know what I'm getting at. I can't wait for part four! :anime:

7. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

I'm really excited about it. I have never played the second one, but I loved one and three. SH1 scared me to death, and SH3 is just more proof that bunnies are the root of all evil. :anime:

Actually, I think the concept of the isolated apartment is very interesting. I'm claustrophobic, so the idea of being locked in what is basically a box for almost a week with no way out is something I can identify with and genuinely be creeped out by. It makes me nevrous just to think about that.

8. Angel from hell

Just hope they lay off the silly stuff... 1 was fine with the UFO ending & light gun, 2 with dog ending just made me go... k? & 3... -_- just because theres a female character doesnt give it the insentive to play dress up! & a light saber... >.<

Monsters look intersting in it though... could actually make me flinch this time