Square Enix Sin *contains spoilers*

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

What does everyone think of Sin/Jecht? Feel free to talk about it/him without worrying about spoiling tge game on anyone cause the title is a warning... :)
    Those who didn't play the game please ignore this post.. You really have to play this game...

2. Kat

Kat New Member

Jecht

I think Jecht was guy who was quite misunderstood, I haven't really played much of the game but I've watched a friend of mine play it and I think that Sin/Jecht was a caring man at one point.. Tidus is just resentful for bad reasons. I know because I'm resentful towards my father for stupid reasons too..

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'm just glad he came to realize why he hates jecht. and his own mom (a little bit). i thought, once i got to zanarkand and got to see it, that he was being quite noble. that whole group was. tho, it must have really sucked to be auron at the end...i really like auron...he's such a good character...

4. meatmalo

meatmalo New Member

im up to the macalanian woods. i was sooo surprised! but really...tidus was just jealous...

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I think Jecht was kind of an *** until he showed up in Spira. It wasn't until the "Shoopuff incident" that he quit drinking and "went straight", as they say.

It is my theory that Sin is actually symbolic, and the never-ending cycle of Summoners battling Sin shows the futility of the struggle, until finally, one emerges with the power to break the cycle. Even Spira's name illustrates the downward Spiral that continues in such cases. As for exactly what Sin symbolizes, I'll leave that to your interpretations, lest I sound preachy or something like that.

On a side-note, it's kind of funny that Yu Yevon was worshipped as a god, but then turned out to be, in fact, Satan (or something along those lines).