Saber Marionette Single-scene SMJ fanfics! (post here)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, Jan 20, 2005.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I think that most of the time fanfics don't get published (specially in the fanfic contest T_T ) because the author left them unfinished, or they got too complicated, or simply they couldn't find the previous/subsequent scenes for this. So, here's the scene cemetery for you: Single-scene fanfics! Yay! :anime: Exploit your creativity!

Take this as an excercise for your creativity. It can be alternate universe, crossfic, fanfic-of-an-already-existing-fanfic, director's-cut from a fic you already wrote, etc. (In other words, it can be ANYTHING! Note: It has to be SMJ related - doh :p )

Rules: Describe briefly in the first paragraph the events and situations that lead to your scene. In the next few paragraphs, describe the scene. It can be in either script or story format. As an aid, these "mini-fanfics" can be made in team (2 authors, one post). Whatever boosts your creativity.

And Lime says:
    "Sam... ni... ichi... go!!! ^_^ "

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Nice

This is an excellent idea. I hope more people who like to scribble down thier little stories hop this band wagon. I'll be sure to start working on my own little entries. This should be fun if more people hop on board.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

If I can break the unbreakable hold that Writer's Block has got on me, then count me in!

*rrrrggghhh* *struggles* *random sounds of exertion*

It's... not... working!!!...

Hey, wait, do chatfics count? I've got one that's sort of SMJ-related, in that Cherry is a very important person. Other than that, it's a mess of self-insertions, and it occurs via MSN. If that's allowed, I'll post it ASAP. If not, I'll keep struggling with Mr. Writer's Block over there.

WB: What was that about me?
    Shinryu: Nothing! I just said I was going to struggle with you if I can't use the chatfic!
    WB: You'd better be allowed to, you little...
    Shinryu: Eep! Are my fanfic-writing days over? But they've only barely begun!

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Great - watch this space for one or two little "If Soemon was Otaru" bits that I wrote some time back for the contest, but never got around to completing.

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Hmmm, kuuru, no eh, kakkoii, cool!
    I have an idea for a short one, Hanagata based. It'll be somekind of warmup for an Alternate Universe Cherry related ;)

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Obiichi, Daisuke! (Opening few paragraphs)

The following is an excerpt from what I had begun to write for the fanfic contest that was suggested for the end of last year - like so many other things I start, I havent been able to return to it yet...

Obiichi Soemon was a calm man. Unusually calm, some residents of Japoness might bring up. Soemon was the kind of man who sipped along at teatime during an earthquake without so much as quirking an eyebrow. He wasn't one to take things at face value, and never quick to judge. In fact, it was fairly common knowledge that if any single individual in the whole of Japoness was to be depended on for rational thought, Soemon fit the bill.

Of course, in his defense, he led a fairly laid back life. Things were routine and followed to the letter. Up at sunrise, morning exercises, and then opening his dojo. After training, a little bit of exercise in the afternoon walking about the city, and then home again for a quiet meal alone. A standard schedule, and one Soemon had literally kept to for years.

Today had been unsual indeed. The unfolding events had tampered with his daily formula, causing even the solid faced symbol of placidness himself to quirk an eyebrow.

"I love you, Someon!" the girl, no, marionette repeated. She was smiling so grandly that if she were a human girl it most likely would hurt. Her embrace kicked up a few notches in strength, and Soemon, flat on his back on the floor of the Japoness Pioneer Museum just stared up at the ceiling trying to make sense of it all.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Forbidden Fruit, Chapter 2 Excerpt

Unlike my above Obiichi writing, I already have part of Forbidden Fruit out in the public. Chapter One was focused around Faust, but the very much underway Chapter Two brings Ieyasu into the picture... and a familiar girl who will be most certainly become the focal point of the story. Here's a small chunk from chapter 2:

The lower mess hall was nearly empty, which made sense given the late hour. Ieyasu ordered up a small dish of noodles and tea from the automated service machine, and settled in at the head of one of the smaller secluded tables. Taking one of the provided napkins, he wiped down his hand and forehead, looking over at the greenish-black goop he'd picked up off the cargo floor.

It wasn't a very appetizing sight, and the quick sniff Ieyasu dared to take almost made him double over in his chair. He wasn't quite familiar with it, but it reminded him of the rotting remains of an animal that had been sitting around for a good while.

When was the last time the cargo bay got a good cleaning? Whatever this stuff was, it couldn't be all that good to leave hanging around.
    Ieyasu popped open his computer, and turned it sideways over the cloth, letting it scan. His machine was a few models behind the current standards, but he hadn't quite broken down to buy a new one just yet. It got the job done, and Ieyasu was able to get some use out of the few extras it was equipped with, even if they were a bit dated.

A few keystrokes had his machine running the scan against its organic database. It was more of a curiousity than anything else, but he wasn't too fond of brushing against something until he fully knew what he was dealing with. The scan was a very intensive process, so his eyes drifted away as he attended to his meal and the intensifying stomach pangs.

One table over, a quad of crewmen were playing a hand of cards. They were very involved in the game, and weren't paying much attention to anything else going on around them.

Ieyasu's eyes drifted further to look for a more entertaining subject. A few heartbeats and he'd found it. She sat alone, very much like he did, except with a thick textbook in front of her rather than a computer, and only a beverage, long gone cold after sitting for a while. Long strands of her reddish hair hung straight at the sides of her face, which was held in a concentrated gaze at the words before her. She was a beauty, even under the glasses that accentuated her slightly childish face. He found himself captivated by her, and for a moment forgot his own agenda here in the cafeteria.

There was something so very familiar about her that he just couldn't get at, but nagged at him from the back of his mind. Had he seen this girl before? It was quite possible, given the size of the ship. Even then, it was very unlikely that Ieyasu would have had the courage to say anything to her. And this feeling had so much more importance to it, as if this girls' familiarity was much more than just a passing glimpse.

8. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Sugoi!!!! ^_^ I loved it!!!

Here's a possible scene of my 90210 fic. Some of the time i write scenes that don't get published (director's cut?). Anyway here's a possible scene that may appear, or maybe not.

Bloodberry entered to the office of Miss Tamasaburo.
    "Close the door please".
    Bloodberry closed, and sat down. She looked at her teacher, and blushed. She couldn't help smiling.
    "Bloodberry," sighed her teacher. "You know that what happened was an accident, we can't go on like this..."
    Bloodberry felt a very sad feeling coming.
    "But... I love you..."
    "Please, Bloodberry, don't make things more difficult than they are..."
    Bloodberry felt like crying. The pain was too great.
    "Don't cry, please..."
    "It's easy for you to say, you're not in love with me..."
    "I can still be your friend..."
    "It's not enough!!"
    The teacher felt so much compassion for this poor girl. She stood up, and sat down next to the young redhead. Then she hugged her.
    Bloodberry began sobbing, and hit her teacher's shoulder. "I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!!!" She didn't stop crying... "I... I love you so much..."
    The teacher didn't know what to do. It was such a difficult situation. "Bloodberry, you know it's hard for me to express my emotions, and while I'm not in love with you... I do care for you, you have to understand it..."
    "It's not fair... it's not fair" said the girl, crying. "Why did I have to fall for you... I wish I had never gone to that bar... I wish I had died the other time... it's not enough having to be lonely the last three years!? Now I'm in love, and you're not..."
    "Bloodberry, I'm sorry..."
    But Bloodberry didn't listen. She was deeply hurt... she stood up. "I can't stand this... I'm going home..."
    She couldn't stand seeing her loved one, and not being loved. Oh God, this hurts so much... why, why dammit?

Bloodberry got past the school guard. "I'm feeling sick, I'm going home..." (she barely managed not to show her tears).

The taxi trip was a short one. A few minutes later, after crying on the couch... she heard the doorbell ringing.

She wiped her tears, and looked to see who was. It was her....
    "Go away!!!"
    "Bloodberry, please... you have to listen..."
    Bloodberry opened the door. "Why are you being so cruel to me? Why?"
    "I need to tell you the truth..."
    "The truth?"
    Miss Tamasaburo continued. "That night at the bar... I wasn't sure, but I'm sure now of what happened. You didn't notice, but someone drugged you."
    Poor Bloodberry. This confused her even more.
    "Drugged? What do you mean..."
    "I tried to stop you but then you got out of control... and..."
    "You mean I fell in love with you because of a stupid drug!?"
    "I never wanted to hurt you... but it was either me or that woman... I couldn't afford you falling into her hands..."
    Bloodberry hugged her teacher and began crying and wailing. Her teacher just hugged her.

"Please..." said Bloodberry. "Let's make love... one more time..."

END OF SCENE (muahahahahaha)

Well this is more or less what i have planned for the next 2 or 3 episodes, it might change... so this is one possible outcome. What do you think? :D