Computers Sitting in front of the computer...how?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by seraphinx, Mar 18, 2003.

1. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Is there a way to sit in front of a computer for hours without getting a sore lower back? Yeah, it's not really a "computer question," but in a way it is. I've been having a sore lower back for years, probably starting from the time I started spending hours in front of the computer. My friend who does physical therapy (or something along those lines) says I have to just strengthen my back muscles. The student health center's doctor said I should be taking breaks now and then. And an erotica guide told me that every few minutes it's good to change positions (heheh!).

So what do the experts here think? I'm certain though, that it feels good to have something pressed against my lower back. Damnit......movie theaters, car seats, sofas, even desk chairs--they don't give me any lower back support!

2. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Stand up :D

I don't know, I don't really get back pain :p

3. negative1

negative1 New Member

i don't get lower back pain that often but when i do i get up, move around a bit, and stretch my lower back muscles, but you should take a ten minute break away from your comp. i know it's like taking away your life support but it will help:)

4. Griffeth

Griffeth New Member

I have heard and even experinced that a new chair can solve some of those problems. I use to get sholder pains but I got a new computer chair and now I only get upper back pains but they hurt less then the shoulder pains, so it was almost an even trade.

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

takign a break is a good thing, sitting with proper posture(bah...why sit properly? lol) can help...but that'll never work for me as i work retail and am always on mah feet lol

6. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Finally I get a bunch of replies! Thanks everyone, I'll keep those in mind. I'm also doing some lower back exercises a few times a week, and it seems to help a lil.