Music Skating Music Help

Discussion in 'Music' started by aussieicesk8r, Jul 19, 2005.

1. aussieicesk8r

aussieicesk8r New Member

Hello, I am a 14 year old girl from Australia who is a competitive Figure Skater. I am looking for new music for my free program...and I really want it to be Japanese. I like both orchestral and techno Japanese. I really like the soundtrack from the anime "Spirited Away" but someone else has skated to it....I also like Dance Dance Revolutions song BUTTERFLY but again someone has skated to it already.

What I really want is a beautiful orchestral song with a Japanese sound and also a Japanese sounding techno song that I could cut together.

The final result once I have cut it needs to be a blend of fast and slow tempo. It would be better if the music had no words but my mum has a friend with a sound studio and if a GREAT song does have words her friend can probably remove the vocals.

ANY suggestions would be very welcome
    Thanx Lizzy :)

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Macross Plus - A sai en
    Macross Plus - Voices

Though to be quite honest what I'd love to see is someone figure skating to Ravel's Bolero.

3. aussieicesk8r

aussieicesk8r New Member

Bolero

Hi, yes that is a lovely piece of music...however Michelle Kwan the brilliant American Skater is currently skating to Bolero and her program is choreographed by Christopher Dean from the famous Torvill and Dean duo. In the skating world we try really hard to be as original as possible (well I do) and besides how could I compare to a champion like Michelle.... :eek:

4. aussieicesk8r

aussieicesk8r New Member

but I will check out your other suggestions...thanx ;)

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Anything for a lady.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

But the profile says she's a guy! Maybe there's something "she's" not telling us? :eek:

Anyway, there're a few of SMJ songs I could look into, if those aren't suitable.

7. aussieicesk8r

aussieicesk8r New Member

Guy???

Howdy, I'm NOT a guy...just didnt do my profile properly...thanks heaps for your suggestions... :eek: