Anime Slam Dunk

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Meema, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Meema

Meema New Member

Did someone forget to mension Slam Dunk? Well its still an anime and one of my favorites too!
    So guys what do you think of it? And who is your favorite character? Mine is the star KEADE RUKAWA!!!!

2. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

I LOVE RUKAWA!! I love all the characters really! But Keade more!! By the way, do they sell tapes/dvds of Slam Dunk anywhere? I've only seen it in spanish on Telemundo, but now they've stopped airing it! They're lunatics! And i've looked everywhere for it...well mostly everywhere. Does anyone knows where i can find them or if they actually exist?

3. Meema

Meema New Member

Slam Dunk is very famous in Japan but i dont actually know about it in the USA..... No need to watch it get the comic book :p
    By the way i found out that most people like or love Rukawa.. I really dont know why?

4. YokoburiKinura

I keep hearing about it but have never had a chance to see any of it. I guess it's not licensed in the USA, so I only hear about it from people who get fansubs or live in Spanish-speaking countries where it's been on TV. It would be good if it would come here, though.

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

This is the anime I just started watching. Though it has been over for so long. I am on episode 30 some. Out of 101. And 4 movies.

This story is really good. It reminds me of Naruto in a way.

Storyline:
    Sakuragi Hanamichi is a junior high punk used to getting into fights and being rejected by girls but upon entering high school he meets the girl of his dreams, Haruko Akagi. He will do anything in order to win her heart including joining the school basketball team that is aiming to conquer the nation lead by Haruko's brother. The problem is that Sakuragi has never played basketball before and a freshman sensation, Rukawa Kaede, is stealing the spotlight and Haruko's affection from him.

The story reminds me of Naruto because Naruto likes Sakura where as Sakura likes Sasuke. Sasuke doesn't care just like Rukawa doesn't care. They both are more interested in something else. Anyway that was a neat little refrence someone and I were discussing else where. And I thought I would share.

This anime is great. So is the manga. If you like Sport related anime/manga check this one out. It is also hillarious. Considering Sakuragi has an extreme personality. Rukawa likes to torment him. Hehe.