Anime Fan Fiction Smell Good?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Fushigi Rockna

Hmmm...another FMA one shot...do I sense...a liking for such fics?

mmm...happens before Ed shows up. Did it in 10 minutes originally by paper. Thought up the idea in the shower while....well...you can guess once you read it. =P

Not much else to say. Enjoy.

-

“You smell good.”

Roy Mustang stopped and starred at his friend questionably.

“What did you just say?”

Maes Hughes ignored the slight toxicity of Mustang’s words and leant in closer.

“You smell good today.” He repeated.

Roy raised an eyebrow. There was really only one thing to say right now;

“What kind of mushrooms did you eat this morning?!”

Once more, Hughes ignored the other and his brand of cynicism. He was just as disturbed as Mustang really, thus making him more set on getting to the bottom of this.

He certainly couldn’t have expected Roy to appreciate having his head pulled closer, and his hair sniffed (which he didn’t) when he did so, but finding the source of the smell right now was more important. So Roy’s ‘what the hell!?’ attitude was ignored as well as his words.

“Maes!” Roy hissed angrily, his black eyes darting around their surroundings. “We’re in public damnit!”

Soon, Hughes released the black head, and Roy quickly snapped away from him. He wasn’t pleased.

“God, what was THAT about?!” he exclaimed. His friend’s sudden interest in the way he and his hair smelt was freaking him out. He turned around, itching to start walking again and leave the matter of personal scents behind.

“Roy…” Hughes’ voice quietly called him back. “….are you using women’s shampoo?”

The Lieutenant Colonel stopped abruptly.

“It’s your hair. It smells like Gracia’s.”

The ebon haired man remained deadly silent.

“You know, like….flowers or something-”

“I KNOW! I GET IT!”

Hughes froze. Roy was embarrassingly still and said no more.

He walked around the other so he was now in front and quickly noticed Roy’s flushed red face.

“Roy…?” he asked worriedly.

The one called looked away.

….it was all they had left at the store….” He softly muttered, embarrassed.

Maes was silent for a moment before breaking out into laughter.

“So it IS women’s shampoo!” he proclaimed loudly.

“Shut up.” Roy growled, throwing him a glare. This only made Hughes laugh and snicker more so.

“It suits you though.” He smiled, using a mock thoughtful voice. “I’m sure the ladies will love it………..and the men. :D

He had been expecting another “shut up” or even a finger snap-plus-BOOM for that one. He hadn’t gotten what he had expected.

Rather, Roy looked up at him with big eyes and an inquisitive stare.

“Even you?” he asked.

Well that took Maes by surprise.

“Uh…yeah sure, I guess….” He replied.

Oh wait, now he understood. This was Roy’s way of getting back at him; a joke of his own. He decided to go along with it, rather than let Roy throw him off.

“Actually, you should use it every day, all the time.” He said with a wink.

Ha, now who will be uncomfortable by a homo statement? Hughes was sure he had just made Roy’s joke backfire on him.

Roy seemed to be seriously considering the idea. He looked up at his friend again. Those black eyes seemed to pierce the barrier of Maes’ glasses and into his gold eyes.

“Would you like me more than Gracia if I did?”

Okay, that was taking a joke too far.

“What the hell!? Of course not!”

Mustang’s face returned to its previous seriousness.

“Then once the bottle is used up I’m never using women’s shampoo again.” he simply told Maes, walking on.

Now Hughes was the one staring at his friend questionably as he got farther and farther away. He didn’t get it. He didn’t get the joke.

And he never would. Not so long as he was convinced it was a joke anyways...

Although…for the month Roy used it, Hughes did have to admit he ‘wore the scent’ better than his pregnant wife…

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I forgot to say I loved IT. I read it ages ago sorry FR. I really enjoyed the last sentence.