Saber Marionette SMJ Avatars Expanded!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Sep 3, 2004.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

luvweaver sent in a batch of some excellent SMJ avatars, and I threw the nicest ones in with our current collection. There are some gems in there, so check 'em out.

Thanks, weaver. :)

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

:3

*blush*

^^;;;

thanks!

You know, it feels great to see that something you've done is accepted by others. T.T thanks, all! *MEGA-HUG*

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

You are the one deserving thanks, luvweaver! I was worried I'd have to wait until I was a power user to get a good Cherry avatar.

(No offense to BMS and the rest, none of the SMJ avatars really suited me at the time. And I think we can admit that the collection was a bit lacking)

So, thank you, luvweaver, for taking the time to make some-32 odd avatars, and BakaMattSu for bringing them to us.

And I'll depart by saying that as soon as I get a new computer, I'll begin work on many avatars for the members of Boards.jp to use and enjoy.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You ought to have seen the SMJ Avatars before I even got there. We had about 5 total in our boards collection. I still think we could use more. :)

5. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

You're right.

I have to admit, we need more Otaru/L/C/B/T/P/L avatars. I only focused on the secondary characters and rare scenes.

Anyway, here's a hint:

If you have Virtualdub and Irfanview (or any other screen capture/image editing program), you can do lots.

I used virtualdub's snap-to-keyframe option to quickly scan scenes for finding good avatars.

Then, I advanced (or rewinded - rewound... re...whatever it's called :rolleyes: ) to specific frames.

Then I captured the screen with Irfanview, and picked a spot with the mouse.

Ctrl-y (crop), then resize to 64/64... maybe sharpen a little (btw, did I sharpen TOO MUCH the icons? i.e. look pixelated and noisy? :confused: ) ...

and ta-da.

I made the entire icon collection in about 3 hours. (Ahhhhh the benefits of avi's )

Anyway. If any of you has some avis or rips or whatever of SMJ... you're invited to contribute to the avatars collection.

Meow!
    :3

(you know, BMS... there should be a ponta-kun smiley)

1 person likes this.
  6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, I plan on making a good 25-75 SMJ Avatars when I get a good computer. Right now I re-watching the series while keeping my eyes open for possible avatars. Also, I look over my own work, and delete any I see as unworthy. So, you can expect the highest quality avatars only from me once I start making them.

Thanks again for the great avatars, and I hope to see many more.