Saber Marionette SMJ Cosplay!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Lady Aoi, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Has anyone here ever cosplayed as someone from the SMJ universe (or SMR too I guess)? Or if not, whom would you cosplay as? A friend of mine told me I would be a wonderful Lime (I have long hair and I can act like her sometimes o_O), but we all know who I'd really like to go as ^_^. Seeing as the white tights would make me look awful, though, I'd probably go in the outfit Hana wears at the end of SMJ to X... the purple pants and white shirt with the red vest. I wouldn't have to mess around with my hair to do that, either ^_^!

~ Lady Aoi

2. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Nope, but I'd love to! *looks at herself* Um...but I think I'll look like a sucker cosplaying...If I REALLY do, I'll probably cosplay as Lime or Bberry. (or maybe..um..Lorelei? :p )

Besides, cosplaying is the perfect way to spend all your money!:mad: All the material supplies, the registration form to conventions, etc...all your money will be pour out. That's probably the only reason for not cosplay. I think it's such a fun opportunity to cosplay as your favorite character!! :p )

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

cosplay...um, no.

Aside from Sachiko's plethora of reasons, I really wouldn't feel comfortable in any role... plus, nobody really comes to mind that I could pull off... maybe...nope, not him.... and I'm definitely no cross-dresser!

BakaMattSu, what a cosy place to play (i.e. cosplay)

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol.. Lorelei would be easy to do. I wouldn't even need to cut my hair to make bangs.. err what kind of name is 'bangs' weird.. well anyways, its really hard to pull off some characters. I've seen images of really cool costumes, one was of Ryoko from Tenchi, and the hair was a stuffed fabric wig. ^_^

5. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Weee! :D Im going to Otakon this year, cosplaying as Lime!!!!! ^^

6. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

*cosplayed as Otaru on the forum once.. hehe

Dunno how I'd do that hair IRL though

7. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

o.o Have fun...

8. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

I have neither gone to an anime convention yet,nor cosplayed...

However,sometime in the near future I plan to do both (at the same time). I was thinking I'd cosplay as Otaru,which I could probably do with only minor adjustments costume-wise. However, I don't think that I could get my hair to work that way,and last time I checked,Otaru didn't need glasses...:( :eek:

InuYasha - maybe I should try cosplaying as Yang Ming...oh crap! I don't have Chinese style clothes!

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

hehe universe is funny that way. I have chinese clothes, but I don't wear glasses..

And no Otaru clothes for me argh

10. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

How true. :D

"Every sentient race has two things in common,an innate desire for freedom,and these 'Sweedish Meatballs.' It is one of those mysteries that will never be explained,or will drive you mad if you find the answer."

- G'Kar, Babylon 5

InuYasha - running on 2 hours of sleep!

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The spiky hair thing wouldn't be much of a problem... I've done it before...

One day I slept in a funny position and my hair was such a mess, I decided to make the best of it... A little creative gel and I had instant anime hair...

BakaMattSu, sorry to anyone who I poked in the eyes that day...!

12. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

LOL...I wonder how that would do as a product.

InuYasha - With Instant Anime Hair Gel,you too can sport the latest in spiky anime hairdos that are all the rage among your facvorite anime characters!

13. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

I have anime hair as far as length and thickness goes. Color is another story though...

You know, now I think about it, I should pick up some Chinese clothes before I leave town. I wear glasses and my hair is exactly as long as Yang's.... so *poof* instant Yang Ming me!

~ Lady Aoi

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Here's a nice old thread to practice on. It's too old for Life 7 to work, so... I must try...

Raifu... 18! (The strongest it can get)

Although I have never cosplayed, at all, I do intend to go to Anime North 2005 as Mamiya Otaru. (The character, not the user) :D

At Anime North 2004, I saw two people dressed as Lime and Otaru. I thought I could do Otaru better, and took the challenge upon myself to beat him. So now, I must succeed, lest my words bring my downfall. (Although, this is the first I've mentioned of trying to best this guy's costume)

I need to go check out those costume shops to see if they can make it for me...

(Whew, Life 18 is tiring to cast. I must rest now.)

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I haven't yet. I think that SMJ costumes won't look as preety in real life, as they do in the anime. And if i want a really good costume,i need a lot of money...