Saber Marionette SMJ Doujin Project (?)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by b-tuvs, Feb 19, 2006.

1. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

It's my first time to post anything on this forum, I can see some of my old acquaintances are here as well.

I was just playing around with my pen one day and I thought that I should make an SMJ Doujin. Its "NOT" a hentai, its just the Saber Marionettes playing around doing a Cosplay of CLAMP's "Chobits", I just thought I'd show you guys in case you are interested to see:p

You can view the doujin here:
    http://www.geocities.com/b_tuvs/mng-04.htm

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

W00t, I remember browsing through your site a couple years back. At one point I'd wondered why you weren't here because (seemingly) every other SMJ site owner had already registered. :p

In any case welcome aboard, and I love the doujin. ^^ It's so good to see a fellow fan hard at work again. :)

It's good to get to see something SMJ again, too. It's been far too long for me...

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Like Rag said, welcome to the site!

I love the pics too. I'm not as used to SMJ, but I can relate more to Chobits since I read the Manga more. Knowing the characters though, it's very, very nice stuff.

-Seishin

4. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Thanks, I was always wondering where have all the other SMJ have gone, I noticed many of them were here. So I decided to join in here as well :)

At any rate, I am presently working on a new SMJ idea I had, though I proposed to some of my old friends to help me out with the SMJ based SIM game. But sad to say they were all too busy to put any extra activities on their schedule :( so it will end up as another Doujin.

Work has just been terrible and the production progress is terribly slow...
    I'm trying to inch a page per week, but it seems impossible at my present situation. I'm hoping that I'll be able to work more on the SMJ Doujin project when I get on vacation. You can find the info page about it here >> http://www.geocities.com/b_tuvs/doujin.html

So far I am only able to upload the first page of the Pilot Doujin version, you can preview the page here>> http://www.geocities.com/b_tuvs/manga/sgr01.htm

5. Reisti Skalchaste

I know exactly what you mean. Things happen and you end up putting it off and putting it off, and before you know it, a year's gone by and you still haven't done anything new. At least that's what happened with my fanfic.

It's hard to perservere sometimes, you know?

Anyway, that's why I figure if you make any progress at all it's enough, even if it's only a little bit. Take your time and bring the very best you can, eh?

6. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Well, life never had been more complicated lately and I feel a bit frustrated because when I try to do something, there is always something else that will happen in between to stop what I am planning to do. but anyways, I will keep you guys posted if I have something new.

Oh, by the way does anyone here know where I can put up my original Manga works?

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Hm, I think your best bet there would be the Art forum, or perhaps the Manga forum.

I'd go with Art for now and if our good lady Ciel thinks it should be somewhere else she'll take care of it for you. :p

8. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Gee thanks, I'll do look up for that. :)

9. Xel

Xel New Member

Ahhh, it's good to be back. Talk more, everyone. D:

Tee. That's so cute, dude. XD I totally made a squee noise at Sutaro. And I agree with Shinryu (or Ragnarok, rather. :O Sorta tells you how long I've been gone), it's so nice to see people coming back around with fanworks after so long. Let's keep doing it, guys! Let's revive this thing once and for all!

I'll do my part too. :3 Look forward to it!

10. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Heh, real life is a pain :p

Okay! :D

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Yah, how long did it take you to figure it out? That was almost 6 months ago now that I changed. :p

And yeah, let's all get to work on bringing in some new SMJ fan-stuff. :p I'd better rewatch the series though or I'll have trouble myself... closing in on a year now since the last time I saw the whole thing... :(

12. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Revive the Saber Marionette!

It's been ages since I watched SMJ, and now thanks to the help of the ol' mighty Internet I am now able to watch the Whole SMJ tv, SMJ Again and SMR series in better quality :cool:

I need to recharge my SMJ fantasy so that I'll be able to come up with more ideas for the Doujin project. so far I have created a new interesting plot about another Lime look-a-like marionette that was abandoned by her owner. At the time the Saber Girls were revived, Marionette manufacturers incorporated partial Maiden circuit functions to their new models. And as a sign of respect they produced limited edition LIME-VR-001 series that had a bit too much Maiden Circuit functions and was discarded thinking that the LIME-VR-001 model has a defect. All the prototypes were recalled by the manufacturers, except for one, she was thrown away right before the manufacturers recalled the prototypes, and afterwards they released the LIME-VR-02X series that are more marionette-like with less Maiden Circuit functions. I find it very interesting, I just wanted to see how Lime will react to see her other self :p

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Good to see you active again, tuvs. I think you are unrivaled in the SM Manga world (and I've included the official works in the running). Your stuff is simply amazing and I was excited to see you were actively onto a doujin project again.

As for life, Rag said it best - don't let it discourage you, work at your own pace and focus on quality rather than speedy delivery. Sometimes you just can't find any spare time and sometimes you just can't motivated, but perseverance is key.

A belated welcome to the boards. I hope you have been having a pleasant stay, and I hope to see more of you out and around here. ^^

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Hahaha, thanks, but I think too many of us take that advice too close to heart. I mean, when was the last time either of us could say we've done anything new? :p

15. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Yay, it's been a while since all of us posted in the same place! :anime:

Ah... memories.

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It will come, it will come. My problem was deciding to place a chapter out of sequence from a story timeline - it resulting in me having to write four at once. It's slow going, considering the real challenge I presented myself with.

While I haven't produced anything lately, the wheels are continuously turning and I have ideas for various endeavours. I'm just exercising the art of silence, as I'm tired of announcing things before I have anything in place.

Take the RPG I was working on as an example. I had it underway to the point where I was into the initial stages when I turned 180 degrees. I've actually stepped backward, re-thought some of my plans and begun anew. I dumped what I found to be a major hurdle at the time and took an entirely different route.

I know that's a flimsy excuse at best and probably as clear as mud, but SMJ is still as dear to me as it was 6 or 7 years ago.

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Haha, whereas I hit writer's block and never recovered from it... I more or less gave up on my fanfic, as bad as that is...

That and I found series that surpassed SMJ, in my books...

Anyway, I'm getting us off topic so I'll shut up now. :p

18. b-tuvs

b-tuvs Member

Thanks guys for the messages. I'm glad to see all of you here and I'm still on the process of development on my manga. I have a lot of ideas for the SMJ Rebirth Doujin Project and its like rollercoaster ride of streaming ideas and thoughts of how I should make the Doujin. But I'll try to work on some of the pages on my free time.