Fan Art SMJ FANART : LIME

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Nephiel, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

First Attempt at 3DCG Artwork

Hi there, I just finished this pic.
    It's Lime from Saber Marionette (or so I wanted ^_^U).

[​IMG]

The software: Poser 5 and Paint Shop Pro 9.
    What do you think? Any kind of feedback is welcome.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

wow. It's really cool. I haven't done any kind of 3D work on the computer, so anythign I see with shading and likeness is great! Your colour and proportions are pretty good too, keep it up :)

3. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Lime? or her cousin? :D
    Kidding really. I can barely make stuff in 3d and you have done a great job. Keep doing it and some day you'll make what you want :p

4. Nephiel

Nephiel New Member

:eek: Wow, I actually got feedback! :D

Well, you see, I don't have the sk1llz to draw anything worthwile by hand :( ... besides, Poser is really easy to work with.

In Poser, you're given a base figure (very much like a mannequin) and then adjust its proportions, move its limbs and add clothing, hair and other props to make it look the way you want. The problem is, you can't build a figure from scratch, only morph the basic ones you have.

It takes no effort to create an original character with Poser. But making it look like another, that's another story (Lime's face took me a whole day and it's nowhere near what I wanted ^_^U)

I know the hair is not right, the headgear was supposed to be more like a handkerchief and less like a cap, and the smile is completely wrong. The rest of her clothes are too difficult for my level. Other than that, what can I do to improve it?

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

It's not bad, but does it qualify as fanart? Since you built it in a program, it doesn't seem to require much drawing skill. Although, I'm not really one to talk, being Mr. Can't draw a straight line, even with a ruler. :p

6. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Actually, I can't agree. Whatever the tool is (A pencil, brush, mouse :p , etc.), it's still fan-art for me.

250 posts! Finally Power User!