So..

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by *Fabee*, Mar 16, 2002.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I have noticed that the RK forum is down.. so here is a question i hope everyone answers..

Hypothetical Question:

What if Kenshin was Sano and Sano was kenshin? <Sano is the wandering swordman and Kenshin is the street fighter>

would your judgement about the character change?Would you like to see Sano and Koaru become a couple? Would you like Kenshin more <if he was a gambler than a goody-good>

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I just can't picture the trade-off in characterization...sorry!

But I *could* see Sano and "Jo-chan" working if Kenshin had never come into the picture...

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

<tsk .. tsk>

For me . . . I cant image that Sano would be a person thats very protective of other people's feelings. I cant even image him holding a sword :p But i could see sano falling in love with Koaru:D <so romantic> For Kenshin, I could see him as a bad-*** gangster witha red bandana...<he looks cute:dizzy2: >

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Well, here our opinions split...

I CAN imagine Sano as a protector of others, since he does display this side of him more than once in the series. Examples of this:

1) In his "debut", he catches Tae and stands up against the unruly drunks
    2) He comes to Megumi's aid on more than one occassion
    3) He helps out the former-samurai school teacher when asassins try to get him to kill again.
    4) He also fights for Sayo in the Shimabara arc. Even if she disapproves of his brutality, he had a good intention behind it.

And I can imagine him with his Zanba-to... Or is that not a sword? ;)

As for Kenshin, I can picture the look...but not the bad-*** attitudes and fighting style of Sano...

So maybe if Sano protected others and Kenshin remained Hitokiri I could see the swap, but not if they completely changed... I mean Kenshin isn't physically built for streetfighting, just as Sano would be a lously Samurai...

BakaMattSu, WHEE! I just spun 360 degrees in my chair...Whoa...ooh...dizzy now...too fast...

5. JavaLamp

JavaLamp New Member

you shouldn't 'a gone and done it...

I just read this thread, and what happens, suddenly my word processor is open, and I'm typing, here's the two opening paragraphs.

<B>
    The morning had been remarkably misty, a shroud on the day seeming to stop all life with its oppressive thickness. Through the fog, as if to deny it’s power, a man walked, alone in whatever thoughts he might be thinking, bearing his burdens along with the enormous zanba-to on his back.
    He stopped, drinking in a long, steady breath as he raised his head to look at the expanse of white and gray above. Swirling clouds of vapor played in the refracted sunlight like a strange ocean above, lighter against darker, pitted in a struggle for dominance.
    </B>

-JL
    ~~~~~~~~~
    is far too easily distractable

6. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

:shy3: Ya,, but i was picturing sano fighting with a reversed blade<kenshin's> and fighting against shishio or other villains..

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Sanosuke does protect people and his inner self is like Kenshin's (from the protecting way & OK KINDA soft & caring)...

I agree with BMS, Sano does has a sword, but him holding Kenshin's..??!! No idea..:dizzy2:

8. Zanza

Staff Member

ok, this is the last try .. I hope u can c this pix .. :dizzy2:

its better than the first one anyway .. :sweat2:

9. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I just saw these pictures .. Funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy[​IMG]

10. Jitsumi kenji

Jitsumi kenji New Member

11. Zanza

Staff Member

You really think so ?! :D
    Thank you ! EVen though It wasnt me who drew that .. I just cut both of Sano's & Kenshin's faces and pasted them in each other's places .. :p

I love to do these things :bleed2: !!

12. chupito

chupito New Member

I can`t imagine sano being kenshin, and kenshin beiing sano cuz when they look at kenshin they think: man! this guy is gay! WHO would want to fight with a small guy like him?! remember: sano lived fighting ne?! He wouldn`t be here "with" us right now, if he didn`t killed some guys, don`t ya think?!

NOW, i will say why i`m mad right now!!!!!!
    I`m totally, completly a K%K FAN!!!!! I love this thread, BUT SANO:
    STAY AWAY FROM KAORU-CHAN!!!!! SHE IS KENSHIN`S!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love anime at FIRST half because of Usagi/mamoru and half because of kenshin/kaoru!!!!!!! SO Don`t try i`m not open mind about this kind of thing :(....

BTW, this was a cool pic zanza! I was looking at the picture and wondering hum... what did she changed here<bear me was 2am>?

13. Zanza

Staff Member

Who said that Sano is getting near Kaoru ??
    If he did I will break his hands !! .. ;)

Thanx .. even I didnt saw the diffrence :p