The Pillows Solomonic Polar Bear - pillows solo album

Discussion in 'Music' started by MamiyaOtaru, Sep 7, 2002.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

The guitarist of the Pillows did a solo album within the last year. He released it as Nine Miles, and the name of the album is Solomonic Polar Bear. It is a raggae album. He is a big fan of Bob Marley's.

It is fun to read the (babelfished) interview with him about it, he talks of reading through the Old Testament a couple times to better his understanding of things :)

Anyway, I bring it up now, because I finally got some of the tracks (5 actually). I really like it. It is cool to see how he has done something so totally different from what he does with the pillows.

as he said: "it may not be the best raggae, but it is definately the best raggae from Japan" :) I think it is pretty good period. I like it, and that's what matters to me.

2. Vash

Vash New Member

What kind of stuff do the Pillows normally do, MO? Is there anything you can compare it to?

I might see if I can hunt some down.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

the pillows are a rock band. Depending on the album, they remind me of the beatles, Weezer, Oasis, or just plain themselves.

Do hunt them down :) And watch FLCL if you get the chance, they did the soundtrack. (and FLCL is just a cool anime)

4. Vash

Vash New Member

Thanks MO. Pillows good. Pillows damn good. I shall try to find more. They have a Britpoppy sort of sound. Even sing with Pommy accents at times!

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Looks like another convert phr34k. I agree with the FLCL sentiments. That's some down *** ****, my bro.