Current Affairs Some bad things are happening in Africa....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eternal-Blaze, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Theres more, I just need more room.

2. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I'm in total disbelief... :eek:

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Wow, that's a pretty sad news report. They're in an underdeveloped country, out in the middle of no where, living by a completely different set of morals and standards from the rest of the world.

I think the real tradgedy lies not so much in the sheer number of fistulas that occur (which is absolutely terrible- don't get me wrong), but in all the 'replacement' doctors that Waaldijk trained all left to make money somewhere else. Dark is man's desire for greed, ya?

~W

4. Orion

Orion Gears

I am also in total disbelief. Women in Africa need to be taken better care of, bigtime.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I'm so happy i live here and not there.reading things like that give you the sad truth of reality. not everywhere may be as content as where you are. there are major problems like that one all over the world. it's sad.

6. Dante

Dante New Member

If you think that's bad, you don't wanna know all of what's going on in Africa... let's start by removing your clitoris and go back to the ways of Bible-rape.

7. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

What i find really sad is that this is new never before heard shocking news to most of you...this sort of thing (plus many more terrible things) has been going on in Africa for years upon years and not very many people over here know about it. the title of this thread "SOME bad things are happening in Africa" should be appropriately changed to "MORE bad things are happening in Africa"

we as a culture and society see these things, read about these things, and hear about these things going on all the time in these countries and we sit in our warm comfy homes infront of the TV saying "OMG thats terrible i cant believe thats happening!!" and then we go out and buy a hot double latte and watch our favorite sitcom. we see these commercails about starving kids in Africa and say "ugh im sick of seeing these commercials!" and change the channel.

8. CrazedOCD

CrazedOCD New Member

Another thing that sucks about Africa- The leaders don't give a d***. They fight their wars and spend their money while their people suffer.

Geez though- At 13, our 7th or 8th grade, it was 'high time' for a girl to get married. It's like the dark ages.