Some concern over UK releases?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by FFBooks, Jun 2, 2001.

1. FFBooks

FFBooks Guest

I've been looking forward to getting the complete set of BoTP form Mollins new release schedule, but have two areas that are concerning me:

1) The release dates seem to be getting put back regularly

2) According to blackstar (.co.uk) the first two VHS tapes have now been deleted

Does anyone know if Mollins have changed their minds? I'm very concerned, as you can imagine... [​IMG]

FFBooks

2. FFBooks

FFBooks Guest

Having read some of the other posts now, it looks as though Mollins has folded.

<crying quietly to himself in a corner>

FFBooks

3. Veronika

Veronika Guest

Yeah, it's the sad news I guess - Mollin is no more.

Guess the only way out is to wait for the American NTSC releases now.. which got pushed back to October. [​IMG]

Kind regards
    Veronika

4. FFBooks

FFBooks Guest

The US releases look good (subbed Gatch? *excellent*), but I'm now dreading that something might happen to those, too.

It's fairly easy to get hold of pirated copies of the episodes, but I've wait twenty ot so years to see the series again, and I'd rather wait to see it in a good quality recording, in all its glory.

Assuming it's going to make it. :

FFBooks

5. Mattimus

Mattimus New Member

I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents on the Battle Of The Planets (BOTP) video issue. It seems that with Mollin's folding, coupled with Rhino's decision to postpone the NTSC videos to October at the earliest, is creating a sentiment that seems to suggest we'll never see BOTP on video in this lifetime. While I myself am also disappointed at the above developments, a little perspective should be in order.

About Mollin, seeing as that is a British company and I am American, I can't get into any specifics on the how and why of their unfortunate demise. It is hoped that Sandy Frank will find another UK company to handle BOTP.

As far as Rhino's delay goes, from what I understand it's due to gathering of elements for the DVDs, along with the need for manufacturing time. I can honestly tell you that this is a good thing. I've been in the video/DVD loop long enough to know that delays are very common, though not so that they are postponed any longer than absolutely necessary. Also, this means that when Rhino does release BOTP on video, chances are it will be a better product than what we would've seen initially.

Final note, it seems like Rhino is putting a lot of effort into BOTP DVDs from the various scuttlebutt I have read. I don't know about you but I'm glad they are even releasing the American episodes (the subbed Gatch and any other possible extras are icing on the cake). Before seeing Mollin's volume I DVD, the last time I saw a full BOTP episode (not counting G-Force) was 1979 b.c. (before cable). And I can truly say that, when Rhino does release BOTP, I will be the first in line to buy the DVDs.

Sorry to rant like this for so long. Thank you.

6. EagleKen

EagleKen Guest

Mollin's folding was a pity as I believe they were looking to aquire the rights to Star Fleet as well.

Well Rhino is a well established Anime producer - hopefully we won't get the same disaster which occured to Mollin.

Steve Jones

www.worldzone.net/scifi/eagleken - eagleken's lonely website