Creative Writing SOTPC Censored Edition

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Magicman, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Magicman

Magicman Guest

~If you're reading this, then I thank you. Not many people read my work. That said...~

SONG OF THE PLANET'S CRY

I. In Dreams
    ---------------
    Once, when the Earth was young, there was a great race of primates similar to Humans. Homo Superior they were called, and they reigned through the time of the dinosaurs. They died out in the Third Extinction, but ancient legend foretells their arrival once more when mankind needs them most.
    A young child, playing in the stream behind her house in the country, saw a glittering object, and was compelled to pick it up. However, she had been warned never to go into the Deep Part of the stream. She disobeyed her parent's orders and picked up the crystal. The water frothed and bubbled, and she fell.
    A teenager, running from the law, jumped off of an overpass to escape an obese policeman. He landed on a passing minivan, and while he was reorienting himself, he fell onto the shoulder. There he saw it. A twenty-four karat diamond, probably worth at least half a million dollars. He grabbed it, and fell into a deep sleep.
    Somewhere in our universe there is a Gate, which takes the user to a Gate in another universe. The keys to the Gate had been lost, until now.
    The child awakened in a grassy meadow, under a patchwork sky. But she wasn't a child anymore. She had aged, and with the wisdom of her years, became a Magi. She smiled coldly, and the rabbit not ten feet away from her suddenly imploded.
    The teenager woke up under the care of white-haired beings with wings. He couldn't understand anything until one of them placed a circlet around his head, and he understood every word.
    "Can you understand us?" one of them asked.
    "Yes, very well," replied the teen. "Where am I?"
    "Before we answer that, we have to ask you some questions."
    "A-allright."
    "What is your name?"
    "Ummm... I can't remember," said the teen sadly.
    "Then we shall give you one," said the white-hared person. "Your name is Narth. It means 'courageous'"
    "Gee, thanks," replied Narth. "So what do I do now?" He moved his hand to scratch his nose, uncovering the crystal in the process. Everyone gasped.
    "Narth... where did you get this?" asked the elder in a shaky voice.
    "Side of the road, why?"
    "Ab, is this...?" said another person to the elder.
    "Yes. It is," replied Ab, still visibly shaken.
    "IT IS WHAT?!?!?!?" exploded Narth.
    "Patience, child! It is the Shryka Crystal, passed down from one generation to the next within the Royal Magi'i." exclaimed Ab.
    "Shryka Crystal? Okay, I suspected I was in a dream before, that's why I took it so well, but now I KNOW I'm in a dream!!" With this statement he stepped outside the thatch hut, and fell into the quilted sky. "EEYAARRGGHH!!"
    Narth fell, and his scream was heard by all the people, Winglies as they called themselves, and the elder, Ab, stepped forward.
    "We must save him! He is the last of the Shryka Magi'i!" Ab stepped out of the door, and folding his wings behind his back, dove after Narth, who looked strangely calm. Suddenly, Narth shot straight up, into the clouds. "What the-" started Ab, when suddenly a fireball came down, bathing him in flames. "Uggahhh!" Ab plummeted toward the planet.
    The girl in the meadow had christened herself Frigga, after Odin's wife in mythology. The field around her was stained red in blood and innards. She found a scroll lying by her naked feet and read it.
    I CONSUME
    "Well, bye," said Narth as he prepared to leave. "I'm going to find Ab, whether he's alive or otherwise." With this statement, he started to wald out the door.
    "Wait, you idiot!" yelled a female Winglie. "We're up in the CLOUDS, you imbecile! I'm going with you, you will obviously need my help, nincompoop."
    "And who are YOU?" argued Narth.
    "I'm Glyss. It means 'beautiful'."
    "Fine. Come if you want." With that, Narth jumped out the door in a swan dive. Glyss soon followed.
    Thirty minutes later, they were still falling.
    "Hey Glyss,"
    "What."
    "Are you mad?"
    "No."
    "Are you sure?"
    "Yes."
    "Okay, what does 'Ab' mean?"
    "'The One Who Returned From Heaven'." Glyss then flew under Narth, catching him for a safe landing. "We are now on the surface of Mana."
    "Uhh... nice place." Narth was just being polite. Mana was most certainly NOT a nice place. The trees and grasses were scorched and burned, and the atmosphere was barely breathable.
    "Now you know why we live in the clouds."
    "I wasn't trying to be rude or anything..." Narth tried to make amends.
    "It's all right, we know it's not habitable. There are... rumors that another race of Magi live in the Undertunnels, but they have been neither confirmed or denied."
    "You know what, Glyss?"
    "What."
    "Well-" He was cut off as they heard a scream.
    "HEEELLLLPPPPP MEEeeeee......."
    "That sounded like Ab!" yelled Narth.
    "Let's go save him!"
    They raced to Ab's side, and he was burned. "Turned to ash" would be a better name for it.
    "Naarrtthhh.... eehhh... p-p-rotect.. the--- world... evi-l is coo-miinnnggg-" Ab drew a final breath, and was silent forever. His eyes glazed over, and his wings crumbled.
    "NO! Ab, you can't be dead! You just CANT!" wailed Glyss.
    "Um, I have no problem with seeing him dead. He's reight there, dead. End of story." said Narth, a little more indifferent than he would have liked.
    "You dont understand! His name- it's true! He died once before, and on that day, he was reborn as a baby!"
    "Oh."
    Then a cool flow of water came out of Glyss's fingertips, crumbling the rest of Ab's wasted body. "Ab, I just want you to know, you were like a father to me..."
    "Well, what do we do now?" said Narth.
    "Ab spoke of an evil. We should stop it."
    "Just like that?"
    "Yes."
    "Wish I had brought a gun."
    "What is a 'gun'?"
    "A gun is a weapon that fires a projectile at high speeds," said Narth.
    "Like this?" Glyss cupped her hands together, and suddenly the tree in front of her was decimated.
    "HOLY S***!!!!!! HOW THE H*** DID YOU DO THAT!?" Narth yelled. "MY GOD, WHAT THE F*** DID YOU DO??"
    "It's a simple technique, learned by all children. You could probably learn it, from the fireball you made earlier."
    "So, I could learn to do that."
    "Yes."
    Suddenly, a green bird with leathery wings came at them. They ducked, and Glyss did her hand-trick again. There was only dust after the smoke cleared.
    Frigga woke up from the glorious nap she was having. She wanted to speak, but she had forgotten how. [Hmmm... What is going on?] she thought.
    "Narth, wait up! It's not gentleman-like of you to leave a lady behind!" Glyss was scrambling up a hill after Narth.
    "Yes, well..." Narth stumbled and fell. "Whoooaaahhhh!"
    "Narth, if you don't wait up, I'll-" Glyss was cut short as Narth fell on top of her, knocking them both back to the ground.
    "Dammit Narth, you need to lose some weight!"
    "Jee-eez, Glyss, you're starting to sound like me!"
    "WHOAAAHHHH!" yelled Glyss and Narth together as they fell doen the hill and over the edge of a ravine.
    "You've got wings, use them!" yelled Narth over the wind.
    "But- I don't want to leave you behind..."
    ~I've got Chapter 2 on my home comp, unfortunately I can only get online at this public comp I'm using. That poses a problem in transporting chapter 2 to here. But I'll get it up soon. =)~

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

OHHHH! Wow~ You've really got to show some more of your work! Is there another chapter to this?

Please post some more! This story would be great visually, like in a movie/RPG/anime...maybe some illustrations.

3. Magicman

Magicman Guest

Thankys. Yeah, I wrote it by panning out the sequences in a mental manga, unfortunately I can't draw. If someone could get me an artist's interpretation of Narth and Glyss, then I'd be sooo happy. ^^ And yes, there is another chapter coming... sometime... in the meantime I'm working on a Rockman/X fic.