Soundtrack complaint

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Mark, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I wish they had made an effort to put all of Hoyt's songs on the CD, rather than have several reprises of songs. The reprises sound almost exactly the same. I would rather have the songs that were left off on there instead of different versions of the same songs.

I love the CD, don't get me wrong, and Hoyt had an active roll in putting it together just before he died. I'm just puzzled at the reason for the several reprises.

Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark (edited March 14, 2001).]

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

I enjoyed the CD too, I guess it's possible that Hoyt felt the reprised work represented his best pieces, in fact if the release had gone ahead after he passed away we may have seen more of his music on the CD, since it's always hard to judge your own work.

3. EagleKen

EagleKen Guest

I agree, I was disappointed too. However I believe it was that the rest of Hoyt's score was either missing or unuseable.

Oh well - better than nothing! Pity that Sukama's work was kept seperate from Hoyt's on the CD - Battle Of The Planets blended the two together, shame the CD couldn't reflect this. Also the order of Sakuma's stuff was pretty much the same as on the Gatchaman CD, which was a pity...

Enough grumbles - I still can't believe I have BotP on CD.... after all these years!

Steve J

------------------
    Valete Liberi

4. Veronika

Veronika Guest

As far as I know (and this has been discussed extensively on the BotP mailing list), all songs AVAILABLE are on the CD. If they're not there it's because they were not available in a format suitable to be put on a CD.

I guess that in such case only one thing helps: Stand with a recorder in front of the TV. [​IMG]

Best
    Veronika

5. Jasonlover

Jasonlover Guest

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

you mean there's a CD somehwere??? where do i get one?

(sorry--hi all. have been a fan since BOTP first aired back in the late 70's. i had no VCR, so i audiotaped the episodes and used my imagination. my fave character as always was "Jason" [hate the "Joe" moniker])

6. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member