Music Soundtrack Review: Crest of the Stars

Discussion in 'Music' started by Stardust Phox, May 15, 2002.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Review time!!!!! ^_^

The Crest of the Stars OST has 13 tracks, three of which have words, excluding Track 5. (I'll say why later). There are many snippets of these tracks in the series. Here they are condensed into 13 tracks, no more, no less.

The first track is the opening theme, Crest of the Stars, and the last one is the ending theme, The Lost Blue Skies, the full version. It's a very impressive track, and different from the short version. (I'm glad we get the short version on the discs!)

If you have any one of the discs and you've checked out EVERYTHING, then you've probably heard Lafiel, Love Theme. It's a soft track that plays several times in the series, the most impressive one (to me) being when they leave Sufagnoff.

Somehow I can't find as much to say as when I was thinking about it earlier today… Oh well.

Track 8, Daughter of Love, has the BGM bit followed by a song by BUR-BUR. I have no idea what it's about, since it's not in the series itself, but it sounds lovely. ^^

General overview: a must have if you enjoyed the music playing throughout the series. I was fascinated by the music as well as the plot, and I don't regret having bought the OST. ^^

If you've seen the BanDai trailer for Crest of the Stars, you may or may not be surprised to know that the song playing is only heard in the last episode. It's completely in English and it's called "Tracy Hide". (That's what drove me to watching the series. ^^) My mother loves it and rates the music as extremely beautiful. (You should hear her say it in Spanish, all serious. ^^)

Again I state: it's a must if you enjoyed the music throughout the series.

**Stardust Phox/GataFairy reviews uninc.

2. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

:blush: forgot something. :sweat:

I have to add something about Track 5! ^^

It's excluded in the songs with lyrics list (not really a list, but you understand...I hope) because there are no lyrics. However, in the break between BGMs, you hear the little bit where Lafiel tells Jinto to call her Lafiel. (Along with Jinto's "eh?" ^^ Cute!)

AND, I have to talk about the booklet thing! ^^ It's got the end theme pictures and quotes from Lafiel and Jint, one a piece. Lafiel's is "You may call me Lafiel" in Japanese, and Jint's is longer and has lots of dots in it. ("Sono me... etc etc etc...." *wants a translation for it*)

Happy listening!