Studio Ghibli Works Spirited Away

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, May 22, 2003.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I love Spirited Away by Miyazaki. I have seen Castle in the Sky but not Kiki's Delivery Service. What did everyone think of these movies? I loved them all so far. Does Miyazaki have any more? I hope there will be a Spirited Away 2 probably not though.

2. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

all his movies are real good. other ones are princess mononoke, my neighbor totoro, porco rosso, i think nausicaa of the valley wind. im not sure about others but thats what i can think of(hope they are correct) by the way i dont think spirited away needs a sequal

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

does not belong in movie forum.

4. BlindlessSoul

BlindlessSoul New Member

Ya, probably doesn't belong in Movie forum...

But anyway, I just recently saw Spirited Away...saw it at Wal-mart when I was there and decided to get it, since I'd heard all the hype and awards about it. I was actually amazed how good it was. A Very interesting anime at that. The voice acting was Great and the Animation was also Great.

I would recommend seeing it at least once if you didn't want to buy it. (My only complaint is the red circles under the girls eyes...I really didn't like that, but got over it after hearing and seeing the anime.)

5. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

The only films I saw by Mizaki are Mononoke Hime and Kiki's Delivery Service. I love them and watch them whenever I can! I haven't seen Spirited Away but I'm dieing to see it! If I don't see it soon...I'mma go crazy...

6. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I've seen all his films so far: mononoke hime (i cosplayed san!), kiki's delivery service, castle in the sky, spirited away, and my neighbor totoro. they're all INCREDIBLE! i wish they would bring "whisper of the heart" to america also.

7. cardcaptormika2

cardcaptormika2 New Member

It's a MOVIE forum...so that means it includes ALL movie!

Well I did see Spirited Away It was BRILLIANT! If it wasn't got the people I'd thought that magical place was real! The background paintings were that good!

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

there's a few ghibli movies i'd like to see that have never been dubbed...'porco roso' for one...
    i haven't seen a ghibli movie that i haven't liked yet...or show of any sort... heh

9. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I finally rented it last night and watched it before I went to bed. It was incredible! Hayao Mizaki is the greatest animator of all time. Aside from Naoko Takeuchi and Yoshiyuki Tomino, he's one of my favorites and I would love to meet him. Yet, another masterpiece by Mizaki- I haven't seen Castle in the Sky or My Neighbor Totoro but they are next on my list! :D

10. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

no its not sweety. Its been decided that this is a non-Anime forum, so this prooves to me that you are a n00b. I put up 2 sticky threads and for some reason you have not read it *maybe you're too busy picking your nose, who knows*
    anyway this thread will be moved to the anime forum

========
    Spirited away is perfect and should not be altered by adding another sequel. I say leave it as it is! Miyazaki's work is so great, and could anyone could give me a list of his movies?

11. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

That movie totally rocks!!!! I own it,can't get enough it!-aha ( Yugi's laugh ):p

12. shohen

shohen New Member

Yeah there probally wont be a two. I've seen Kikis delivery service and its very good but not as good as spirited away.

13. Yasuko

Three older Miyazaki films, "Porco Rosso" and "Whisper of the Heart" and "Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind" still aren't available in America yet. I don't know about Porco Rosso, but the other two I'm waiting anxiously for them to bring here!!!

Yasu, your miyazaki expert! New Miyazaki film coming in around 3 years: Howl's Moving Castle. Based on a book.

14. cardcaptormika2

cardcaptormika2 New Member

i did read that and i think it should be an anime movie forum.....I don't know why i just do! NAD i wans't picking my nose!

15. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

who knows if you were picking your nose or not, personally i dont care but whatever. my two cents and what does "i think it should be an anime movie forum" mean?do you mean there should be an anime movie forum for anime movies? that would fit in the anime category wouldnt it?

16. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

this one's been dubbed for over a decade!.
    it was shown on free to air tv here before akira was. that said it's also rather rare and expensive to buy. i once saw an original cell from the movie sell for over $300 australian. and i'd have to say it would have been one of the blander ones.

the only other miyazaki piece i've seen is the castle of cagliostro, which i still love. i can't wait to see spirited away. apparently it comes in a box set with castle in the sky and kiki... but it aint out in aust yet:(

17. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

lol, I thought I guessed right ;) :p Well it was decided and thats that. ^_^ so make my job easier and post over here.
    anyway there is a suggestion forum, you could go there and suggest making the movie forum an anime-movie-forum

==
    For some reason I thought you said Wind named Amnesia! That movie really sucked and I was in disbelief that Miyazaki did a stupid movie like that!!

18. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

So far these are the movies he has been the screen writer for Spirited Away (2002), Princess Mononoke (1999), My Neighbor Totoro (1993), Kiki's Delivery Service (1989), and The Castle of Cagliostro (1979). And director for all above, Sherlock Hound: Case File 1 (2000), and Castle in the Sky (1986). Is there any more he has written or was the director?

19. shohen

shohen New Member

Isn't there a manga for this anime Because I remember seeing this name somewhere.

20. Yasuko

Naussicaa is a Miyazaki film from the late 70's that I'd really like to see but the dub was SO bad and mangled they practiclly banished it from existence.