Food Splenda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basher, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I was wondering who has tried it and if they liked it or not.

I like splenda. I have to add at least two packets to my tea though. But that is alright because of no calerios.

What about the rest of you?

2. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

better than candy

3. Muse

Muse New Member

Yes, and at least twelve times as cancerous. Artificial sweeteners produced in factories are very very chemical-filled, and therefore very very harmful. I tend to stick to good ol' sugar. I don't really see a purpose for switching to an arti, it's not like we're running short on sugar :p

4. Basher

Haha your funny. Let me tell you something about beet sugar. A little sugar beet history lesson if you don't want to know about it then don't read. There are more things in it then just beets. How do I know? I worked for one. Everything on the pile goes in it. Not everything gets assorted out. See they are stored outside and covered. See when they get to warm they become rotten. They have to be opened up and they are still used. It is a really nasty smell. They are kept in huge sheds so can you guess what gets inside them? Mice. Mice go along with the good and rotten beets and get chemically treated. How do you think sugar looks like crystals? Trust me with out chemicals there is no way a sugar beet could look like that.

People like it because there are fewer calories. So let’s say to each his own. I have tried it with my tea so far. I want to try kool-aid or lemonade with it.

5. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

also fruit sugar is sweeter than cane sugar and a lot better for you.
    Does splenda actually taste like sugar?

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

it does for me...

and you have to eat truck loads of splenda to even get the cancer your advertising Muse :p more than your ever eat in your life time if you are a sensible adult and not a glutonous monster...

we are all going to die eventually... why not use "glucose" "sugar"?

lilyrose is right, fruit sugar rocks,uber sweet, and amazingly marginally healthier than cane

7. Basher

For me it took two packets to become sweet. Not really sugar taste.

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm not into the artificial sweeteners. But I can't have refined white sugar. So I go for the demarara sugar. It's really good and tastes great in muffins and cookies. If I'm in cheap-mode, I get the dark brown sugar, which isn't as good for me, but better for me than refined white. My mother uses splenda at times, but switched to demarara. And does it have aspertame in it? I have no idea..

but that was some info given on Beet sugar Bash! If I could give ya more karma I would there and the new fall tv line-up ;)

9. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Demerara sugar isn't bad.. and even though it might have the calories, it won't eat away as much at your life. Unless you eat like buttloads of it.

I like splenda a lot more than aspartame, considering that once I had a pretty bad reaction to aspartame. Too bad there aren't only aspartame diet pops in my area, splenda diet pop tastes better.

But.. I don't know if splenda is really that safe.. I just googled this website about it: http://www.splendaexposed.com/.

10. Muse

Muse New Member

Well don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Splenda alone is a death sentence. However, when I look at all of the things that an average American eats in an average day, and I look at how much of that contributes to the big C, then I consider Splenda to be an an additional problem. Artificial sweeteners are not going to be anything close to a major issue, but the components add up.