Hellsing ***SPOILERS*** Arucard's True Identity ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Genghis Khan, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

Throughout the anime, they drop multiple hints that Arucard is not what he seems (a wonderfully sadistic vamp who is apparently indestructible). I was wondering if anyone else picked up on those hints. I have to give credit to my sister for catching (and interpreting) the huge hint at the end. What are your thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Personally, I thought it was quite obvious that Alucard would be Dracula. After all, Alucard spelled backwards (or forwards) *is* Dracula.

He also called himself a True No Life King. And I don't remember correctly, but no mention of the Lord of the Night (as it was) was ever made in Hellsing. You'd think with so much vampiric activity (and the last bit with Incognito) that it would at LEAST attract the attention of Vlad Tepes in the FIRST places.

But it didn't, therefore, speculation is that Alucard IS Dracula, but took the name of Alucard upon his imprisonment.

At least, that's what I think.

Click here: http://www.mangatoanime.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12668

There's a few more details in there, near the bottom/middle.

3. Dante

Dante New Member

Also in a scanslation of one of the Hellsing manga I have (which might be a bit, you know... unreliable, but that's up to debate), it showed one of his flashbacks of being conquered, and he was called "The Count". It hints a LOT more towards his true identity in the manga than in the anime, though I think the anime still hits the nail on the head.

4. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

Wow, you guys picked up more than I did. I was mainly refering to that scene at the end of episode thirteen, where one side of his face shows a guy with a mustache. I'll have to check out that manga. Has it come out in English yet?

5. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

As i've been informed by Amon Sena, is that there's already three out and a fourth one set to release September or maybe August. I assumed he meant the English ones^_^

Who IS that guy anyway? :sweat: Or is this another thing that has been answered in the manga and not the show :anger2:

1 person likes this.
  6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

By the looks of the man with the moustache, you can see that he was a more "classic" vampire. Khan thought that that image was Alucard's true form, Dracula.

Which could be thought of as true, since all evidence points to Alucard's "true identity".

7. Wing Zero

Wing Zero New Member

I guess no one has seen the whole anime. That picture of that face with the mustash in episode 13 was none other than Vlad Tepes. (Vlad the Impaler). He is the orginal history of Dracula. Alucard spelled backwards is Dracula. But the only person to have the name of Alucard is Vlad's son. There for he is the sun of the orginal Vampire Dracula. So what I'm saying is. Alucard is the decifel of the TRUE vampire. The only man to ever chapture Alucard was Van Hellsing, Integera's father. Also at the last episode the boss guy was impailed with an iron spear and posted up for everyone to see. That was why Vlad Tepes got the name of Vlad the Impaler. Alucard (Arucard) did that to show that his family is powerful and to bring anyone who thinks they can beet him and his powerful blood line.

^^ This has been a lesson on Alucard and his true Identity and history. Hope you enjoyed.

1 person likes this.
  8. Dante

Dante New Member

*********SPOILERS, NATURALLY*********
    Although, for the most part, what you said is true to the "story", it's not uncommon for myths, legends and stories to be twisted and worked upon to create new and interesting stories. Nothing is openly said within the anime, however, read the manga sometime. It openly hints at that Alucard is the Count, himself, and not merely his son (though, sure, I guess he could be having his father's flashbacks, where his father looks exactly like him, or some such. :)).

9. Wing Zero

Wing Zero New Member

True. He may not be the son but may achully be the real thing. Cause in history they said that Vlad's body couldnt be found affter they killed him and they thought that he had risin from the grave. So he may be the achual Vlad.

10. Anifan2590

Anifan2590 New Member

I thought he was Vlad the Impaler due to the fact that he impaled Incognito at the end. Of course, Vlad was Dracula. Thats who Dracula was made after because it was said that he used to drink the blood of his fallen enimies. those are my thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  11. Raphael

Raphael New Member

What I figured out/heard

I was of the opinion that Arucard/Alucard was Dracula himself. In the Hellsing universe, van Hellsing did not kill Dracula but imprisoned him as a back up plan. Then when Integra was in danger, she revived him (or rather he revived himself) and becgan working for the organisation

The clues towards this are:
    His name, which he mentions is not his true one while talking to incognito (iirc).
    The flash at the end of the last episode showing Vlads face.
    The Incognito impaling.
    The Incredible amounts of power he had.

1 person likes this.
  12. -Vicious-

-Vicious- New Member

vlad used to drink human blood. he would also put heads on spears. he was weird. i never really thought alucard to be that weird. even when his shoulder turned into a giant dog head and ate a person.

1 person likes this.
  13. Vlad Alucard

Vlad Alucard New Member