Video Games Squaresoft Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meaikoh, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Do you like games (especially RPGs) made by Squaresoft? I do! I love them. I like their Final Fantasy Series, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross...the list goes on and on, what's your fave Squaresoft game?

------------------
    ~Myaaaa-oops, I mean, Meaikoh Takashi~

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Squaresoft is awesome. My favourite game by them is Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 9 comes next, Xenogears, then Chrono Trigger, Threads of Fate. etc...

I'd go into the list of games of theirs I've played. But it would be huge...

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-16-2001).]

3. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

hehehe what do u think the squaresoft games are the best games. the best games are ff10 and ff8 and chrono cross.

and cheack this out

www.squaresoft.com

4. Ardis

Ardis New Member

Square Soft is indeed awesome. My favorite game, is Xeno Gears, followed by Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 8, Then FF9, Final Fantasy Tactics, Saga Frontier 2, ect...

The only mistakes Squaresoft has made, in my opinion, is One they let Eidos handle the PC ports of FF7 and 8(royal mistake). Second, Final Fantasy the movie should have followed the games.

5. Yuna

Yuna New Member

Umm.. My favorite square soft Games is FF6, 7, 8, and 10... umm.. yeah Square soft games are the best!

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Yes, Eidos did make a large boo-boo with FF7. First, was probably due to the changeover in screen resolution. Eidos opted to use 640x480, but the Playstation version was only half that (320x240)... The result? While they seemingly re-sampled the in-game graphics (I think the rendered characters are far more cleaner in the PC version), the Full-motion video was not, and resulted in a horrible "grainy" appearance.

The second mistake was you got awful music if you had anything less than a 32-bit sound card (yes, they included an XG-Midi-Emulator, but it sucks back more resources...)

My argument does come in with your second statement. The ff8 port was handled by Squaresoft itself (no Eidos that time), and is why (IMHO) that game transferred over to PC flawlessly...

BakaMattSu, and on the topic, Squaresoft games are usually great! FF9's my current favorite, with 7 close behind...

7. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

First off, a note to Rashid: How can you like FFX when it's not out yet?
    Secondly, FF8 flawlessly transferred? I think not! What's with the PSX controller it shows when you configure your control? It's like they don't care about the PC market or something like that. They also only gave the PC one demo, while the PSX got multiple. Seeing as I didn't have my PS2 (for obvious reasons [​IMG]), or any PS-family system at that time, I found that most aggravating. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that.
    As for the FF movie, I could have gone for a little Uematsu music, and they could have partnered him up with John Williams for some instrumental heaven.
    Moving along, my favourite Squaresoft game is (and I'm sure some of you saw this coming) THE BOUNCER!!! [​IMG]!! Gotta love the action, the drama, the acting ... and the ladies don't have any adverse affect, if you get my meaning.
    Generally, I have to say that I have resolved my past differences with Squaresoft, as it isn't my way to hold a grudge over a minor conflict like thinking that they are bunch of racists. They proved me wrong, and I've just gotta say that they consistently put out a high-quality product, but let's not forget that you should never buy something just because of who made, but rather for what it is.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

8. Meaikoh

It's like you guyz read my mind! I think chrono cross is a personal fave of mine because it's so long for a two disk game. I think that ff9 didn't have too great a storyline but I liked the characters.

9. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Oi! Square is the BEST RRG manufacturer! Whenever there is a square RPG/game out there, It goes straight into my shopping basket [​IMG]!!!!!!

I have an obession on all Square RPG's, from the classical FF1 to FF10...

SO far I can't really decide on a favorite but these are the one I play over and over again:

FF6,7,8, Tactics
    Chrono Trigger
    Solo Frontier 1
    Bouncer

I like the music in ff9, the story seemed predictable to me...

I'm getting Chrono Cross, I heard it was better than FF8...

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

hey is it only me or are there people who go to the merchandise section at Square Japan and start drooling at the keyboard?

Check out the merchanise!!!
    http://www.playonline.com/shop/index.html

*cries* I wanna FF10 Art museum!!! ;____;

11. Digital Tilmitt

Digital Tilmitt New Member

I recently downloaded Chrono Trigger, it's really good!

------------------
    'You look like a bear wearing a marshmallow!' - Aeris

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hehe, I'm drooling myself over the awesome art in Final Fantasy 10... (or is it over Yuna in FF10?...hehe)

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are really fun. I really like the new game plus mode, because you can just play it when you're in a bad mood and beat everyone up [​IMG]

Although I don't see the need of a new game plus mode in Legend of Mana. The game is easy enough the first time. Although I'd have to say that Legend of Mana has beautiful music.

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 11-17-2001).]

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

hehe.. I guess I can say it's Tidus's art I'm interested in hehe... :p(jk)

I like any art of Tetsuya Nomura ... [​IMG]

14. Meaikoh

And what about that new Squaresoft-Disney collaboration, Kingdom Hearts? I went to this site and found alot about it, piccies and stuff: http://www.rpgfan.com
    It's a beautiful site

------------------
    ~I am always saving the world. I choose what to eat and save the world. The cereal I choose could cause me to get up for more milk, then maybe I'll be a little later to where ever, then save the guy who's going to invent the "Splitchgork" and end war, or something by making him have to walk around me on the street. Just something to think about~

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I think it's an awesome game! It will be a fun game [​IMG].. I can't wait to get it...
    Thanks for the link! ^_^
    OI!!! TIDUS APPEARS AT KINGDOM OF HEARTS!!!!! Wakka and Selphie too!!!

[​IMG]

I hope there are more Final Fantasy characters.. hehe.. hofelly Squall, Yuffie, and Rikku hehe..

[This message has been edited by Skuld (edited 11-19-2001).]

16. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

At this point, Squall, Yuffie, and Cid (FF7) will appear (at least for cameos, but no confirmation on if they'll be playable...)

BakaMattSu, somewhat good-looking, but it *could* be a flop...

17. Meaikoh

I was skeptical, you know, Disney and stuff, but I just love Sora! I think that it's strange, coz, Sora, Kairi? Kinda like certain digimon characters. And Kairi looks like Kari, a bit. Still, you know that big Sora picture I put in misc.? I have it as my background. [​IMG]

------------------
    Some Trucks say:
    ~If you are reading this you are too close~
    Aren't they mean?(Ok so I couldn't think up a good signature)

18. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

yea... I guess I felt that way too, Disney and Square... Anyways Judging the game from the clips I saw on TV, I thought it's pretty cool...

___
    Has anyone imaged square producing a Final Fantasy beat'em up game (fighting game)? I like the idea Tifa beating up Rinoa, and Squall and Sephiroth..vise versa... hehe ^^;;;

*Skuld's weird imagination*

19. Meaikoh

Tifa would slap Rinoa from here to Texas (somewhere she definitely doesn't wanna be j/k) [​IMG]! I wanna put so many piccies up!

------------------
    Some Trucks say:
    ~If you are reading this you are too close~
    Aren't they mean?(Ok so I couldn't think up a good signature)

20. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

"From here to Texas" might not be as far as you think. Sending her one-way to Strathroy would be much worse.
    Anyway, I think that game's definitely going to be at least worth a rental. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be on par with Squaresoft's other collaborations, Breath Of Fire (with Capcom) and Super Mario RPG (with Nintendo).

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!