Star Wars: Clone Wars...on CN

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

As many of you may or may not know, the cartoon series based on Star Wars: Clone Wars is re-starting on Cartoon Network with brand new episodes. Now....im not a big fan of stunts like this, but I thought it might tell me more about the saga.
    In the few seconds they show you, you see many interesting scenes, including...the now dead Qui-Gon Jin with little Anakin, and The Jedi Masters (Or i think they were because they were wearing capes and had Green lightsabers) pulling their weapons out all at once.
    Now, those are the only things that interested me by far.
    I saw the old episodes and it really didn't impress me....especially that girl (i think it was) Sith.

Does anyone have any comments or information they want to share regarding this topic?

-K

2. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Well, I don't have much to say except that I did not like very much that serie, specially because of the drawings that weren't really good. 'That girl'? I'll ask to That Guy! about her :p . Seriously, if she's who I'm thinking, she was a Sith, but a simple decoy for them, they really didn't expect very much from her.

I guess this will be the same. However, I won't be able to see it for the same reasons I posted in another thread not so long ago, I don't have CN.

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, hopefuly it doesn't disapoint like the old Star Wars on CN did. I didn't really like them that much. There wasn't so much Jedi stuff on those. Well sure, they showed Yoda a lot, but lighsaber battles...didn't get much of that. I think the story was trying to focus itself on the republic. Also, the way it was drawn was not that good. You can tell it's cartoon network style, and it doesn't make Star Wars look that good...specially when the characters show their angry faces.

All in all, i cannot hate it, because it's Star Wars, and i love Star Wars!

-Seishin

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

the point of the series is to fill in teh gap between ep 2 and 3. it sets up alot, explains more, and leads into where ep 3 will start. which you see parts of in the trailer. it shows the slow decline of the jedi, the evil of palpatine beginning to show. how evil he really is too. we get greivious, some back story on where he came from and what he is. (you see the plans for him when anakin takes the spirit test btw)
    it really shows the changes in anakin though. the way obi-wan treats him, compared to how palpatine treats him. his disgruntlement towards not being able to do what he wants.

you really can't judge it on one ep or being closed minded to it just because it's not a movie. you really have to watch it. and in one sitting makes it flow and evolve so much better.

wow...and i'm not even a fan XD

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You two are honestly one of the only people I know who don't like it on some level.

Myself, I enjoyed it enough to buy the (cheap!) dvd.

6. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

I watched the DVD and it was pretty dissapointing. Some parts where ok, but it was short poorly drawn and somewhat boring. :anger2: It does give alot of insight of what happens to the republic and Anakins path towards the darkside like Bloodberry said. I hope the new eps prove to be more interesting.

~I still like Star Wars quite a bit though~ :)

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The second part to it gets more interesting. I can watch all of them since i have Hyper Space now. That, along other things. but yeah, i'd say that from episode...20 on, it get's really good!

-Seishin

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

I saw the new Season, and it was preety good. Its nice to have it fill in the blanks of how Anakin became a Jedi Knigh, among others. Everything was good, blah blah blah blah blah...you get where im going.
    MOST of it was good. Some parts were a little "blah". But its all okay at the end.

- Kaiyon

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ahhh gotcha, as in "there's more jedi fighting in the second season, so it's much better". as it was doing the same story type thing before, same art style...just, not a crap tone of jedi fights.

the second part is neat just for the amount of shear evil palpatine is doing, and without much effort on his part, aside from being sarcastic. "whatever would your master say?" hehe