Star Wars Episode III:Revenge of the Sith (Post release Disscussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Seishin, May 27, 2005.

1. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well everybody, i waited a bit over a week to make this thread, so more people would have the chance to see it until the thread was created.

It's been almost 28 years since the release of the first Star Wars movie, and now it's the last. The Saga is now completed, as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker take us throughout a whole Saga of action.

Now, I myself think this is one of the greatest Star Wars Movies ever. Complete with 5 Jedi Master Vs. Sith duels, tons of action, and a lot a things going on at the same time make this one of the greatest movies by far.

So it's now finally time to ask, what are everyone else's thoughts on this movie? (Comments work too)

-Seishin

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

If it wasn't for some great acting bits supplied by Ewan McGregor, I'd have to say the acting was *completely* tripe. As it stands, I thought it was really below par.

The action scenes were its saving grace. They were well choreographed, although Palpatine's "fight face" was ridiculously edited...though I do understand that he is old.

The story wasn't convoluted, but it was hampered by straights of inactivity or pointless action (Kyyshyyk, anyone?).

All in all, my expectations were really low coming into the movie, but the movie at least surpassed those.

On a sidenote, I really loved the move that Anakin pulled off on Dooku to cut his arms off. Sweet.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Better than Jedi, putting it at #3 in my ranking. Could have lost "NOOOOOOOO!".

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Everyone in the theater clapped when Anakin pulled that off!
    Unfortunately, even someone like Darth Vader had a bad acting moment, actually, kinda weird. But the machinery around him being destroyed kinda distracted that and made it %7 less irritating.

Oh, another thing, the rise of Darth Vader could actually have been better. Playing that sad song on the rise of what could be the coolest and most known person on Earth was kinda odd, i liked it much better on the ROtS game, since he was waking up to the super loud/awsome version of "Imperial March".

-Seishin

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

It was nice to finally be able to hear how Kashyyyk is pronounced, but the wookie sequence was far too short. The scenes with Anakin and Padme were all too cheesy, but I think that Obi Wan and Artoo made the movie.

Did anyone recognize Mon Mothma in Episode 3? I think that she was in there played by Genevieve O'Reilly but I don't remember seeing her.. maybe I should go again and see. They could have gone more into the development of the Rebellion - but maybe that's what the supposed tv series will be about.

I liked the movie overall, but Jedi still beats it for me. It's possibly my third favourite after Empire.

6. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I liked the movie. Though, my best friend Sabrina went to see it during the midnight showing when it first came out, so i was being told what was going to happen through out the whole movie.

I thought the acting was a little off, but not that bad. I didn't really like how the camera's were like zoomed through some of it. I did like the fight sences though. All but the last one. :( :(

I thought the ending was okay. I thought at the end it was going to end like 4 times before it really did. With everything added it this movie would in my mind get a B or a B+.

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Her scene was cut; I will post the picture from the deleted scene later on.

You see, this whole "Vader" fellow was in essence meant to be what many refer to as a "tragic hero". His conversion to what we know as Vader was not meant to be seen as "cool" and "awesome"; it was meant to illustrate how in his crazed desperation, he had lost everything he had cherished and was trying to protect. Hence, because Vader is feeling the emotion of "sadness" the "music" is "going" to be "melancholy". (God I love using "")

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I agree about the "NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO" part.
    It was kind of lame.
    Overall, I thought the movie was pretty good.
    The ending was sad though.
    Padme was one of my favorite characters.
    I liked her better than Princess Leia(is that how you spell it?).
    Btw, I was kind of confused, isn't Padme a Queen?
    So why wasn't she ruling her land or something?

9. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Speaking of seeing people in Episode III, anyone noticed Grandmoff Tarkin on the movie? He looks even younger than in Episode IV somehow, that's awsome.

I dunno, i thought that for the most part, Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan), Haydeen Christensen (Anakin), and Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine) did preety good. Especially when Palpatine did his "conversations of persuation" with Anakin, I think at some point, he did it so real, i almost belived him myself.

WAS a Queen. Her two terms expired, but she was later chosen Sentaror of Naboo by the new Queen. Mentioned on Episode II.

Doesn't change the fact the he's the ultimate term of bad a**. And i think the crowd may have liked it better with the Imperial March. Everyone that played the game said they liked that better.

Seriously, the guy should be like a national hero or something!

-Seishin

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

...Well, yeah... he's supposed to look younger. And the actor is not Peter Cushing, since Peter is... well, DEAD and all. So of course they'd have a younger guy...

It would have been tacky to the Nth degree. This is his most painful moment and triumphant music is not what would be needed. Maybe a sad version of the March (perhaps reflecting the sort that was used in his death during Jedi) but some loud blaring piece would run totally contradictory to the emotions aimed for.

And everyone on SB disagrees with you. Stop being a fanboy.

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I forgot to say R2D2 was really cute and kicked ass in this movie. ;) I love it for Obi Wan and Yoda. Wasn't the Grievous/Obi Wan Kenobi fight cool?

No one clapped or even laughed except for me (laughing) when I saw this in theatres. It was a bit weird.

12. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

i watched the movie twice and i have to say i enjoyed it. If only 7, 8, and 9 would be made... then Star Wars would be a series that no other movie can come close to.
    Overall the movie had astonishing graphic rendering with only a few flaws. I also want to clear this up with everyone...

SPOILER

I have to talked to many people that arent major fans of Star Wars and they keep saying that they "geuss anakin wasnt really the chosen one..." but in truth he is, because when he destroys Darth Sidieous he restores balance to the force by setting a new path for Luke to travel......

anyways I really want to see 7, 8, and 9 made because i know all of us want to see chew bacas son Lo baca... :anime:

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

He really wasn't. He MAY have set a new path for Luke or something, but Luke is the one that restored the balance of the force by bringing Vader back to the light.

Oh, and that whole Lobacca thing sounds kinda odd now, i'm just hoping that Star Wars TV does good on whatever it is that they're gonna do. (I do hope they show the new Darth Maul)

-Seishin

14. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

? What is the Force? Isn't it a balance of Yin and Yang? Jedi and Sith? Annakin did bring balance by killing off the excess Jedi. In the end, how many Sith and How many Jedi were there. Yoda said it in the movie, "perhaps misread the prophecy did we" (or something like that).

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, when i kinda think about that, he sort of DID bring some sort of balance to the force. He only left 2 Jedi, and 2 Sith alive (Jedi:Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. Sith:Darth Sidious and Darth Vader), meaning the force would be on equal sides, since before, there was like a thousand Jedi, and like still 2 Sith. It's all getting confusing.

-Seishin

16. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

I think everyone agrees on that.

I thought just like everyone does: acting was fairly bad, with some terrible lines that actually made me laugh (see: "GOOD RELATIONS WITH THE WOOKIES, I HAVE", 'SHE SEEMS TO HAVE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE", and "ANAKIN, YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART"). The fights were quite cool though. I thought Grievous was stupid for coughing so much. He may have been more badass and evil if he didn't cough every two seconds.

Overall, I'd give it the "thumbs up".

17. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Don't forget that with Vader and Palpatine died the last of the Old Ways. Luke did go on to found the new Jedi academy, BUT influenced heavily by ideas of The Living Force (Qui-Gon's mentality and the reason the council disagreed with Qui-Gon so much, which MAY also be the methods used in KOTOR-era adventures; I'll get into it at greater length by request via PM). Then later on in The New Jedi Order it was discovered that the light side and dark side were one and that BOTH the Jedi and Sith were wrong in their methods.

Vader brought balance to the force by committing a massive purge. Luke, as time went on, brought about a proper force using organization, though not before using the Dark side/Light side mentality for some time (a choice that had several unpleasant repurcusions while it was maintained).

18. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

If anyone didnt read the book, after his defeat, and right after Yoda arrives on Dagobah, he hears the voice of the force as he once heard Qui-Gon Jinn's (see Episode II)

In KOTOR era, they both believed were right on thir methods, just as you say. However, the non-force sensitives are the ones who saw the Jedi and Sith as a bunch of idiots fighting for idiotic reasons. They knew in a way both were wrong.

Also, in KOTOR II, the Jedi Council itself is wondering what was wrong with their teachings that caused so many Jedi to turn to the Dark Side. Perhaps, since in KOTOR the very last Jedi was an Exile who followed Revan, their mistake was lost and they repeated it again.
    But on this occasion all Jedi and Sith were destroyed. Then Darth Traya says "for every Jedi or Sith that falls, another rises"
    Or maybe the games are trying to imitate the movie. IDK

And as for Vader....NOOOOOO!

- Kaiyon

19. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

*cough* Uh, when I mentioned KOTOR I was referring to the idea that the Living Force mentality was at least partially integrated into the philosophies, since Jedi are not pushed so hard to abandon family and even have wives in that era (as per Tales of the Jedi). As you can see later on the Jedi got superstrict and abandoned emotion connection.

20. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Umm, Jedis don't have wifes there.

Proof? Try hitting on Bastilla on KOTOR, she'll tell you herself that "it's not the Jedi way", and that she isn't allowed to have emotions or something like that.

-Seishin