Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Kaiyon, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....

It is a bad time indeed for the galaxy. Most of the Jedi Knights were killed in the Jedi Civil war. The war raged on between the Lords Malak and Revan. Untill there wass no one left to kill. And now the remaining Sith are free to try their hand at conquering the galaxy. With the Republic drawing nearer to its end, and the Jedi Masters all dissapeared, the planets are in trouble.
    Most of the Jedi Knights who survived the Civil War, either turned Sith or switched off their lightsabers. The rest just cut their connection to the force.

Now you, the seemingly Last Jedi Knight, awaken on a ship in the mines of Peragus II, and from there your journey starts.....

The Story: As you have read, the intro almost impressed me to see that it did a bit better than the first one. With the Jedi Civil war and all.
    And as far as the game continues, the game just seems to get better and better as you discover your past.

Gameplay:I can say that Im quite impressed with the gameplay of KOTOR II. But majorly, its just a few polishes the first game didn't have.
    Good thing now, is that the weapon switching command is less annoying than the first installment. Fighting system has only had a few polishes though. Still it proves worth.

Graphics:Good, but could be better. Framerates get iitchy at times. And the Lightsaber effects are only good in gameplay. The rest are kind of annoying to watch (Im only really talking about the Movies with people in them). The rest of the movies (which are where you fly from one planet to another) are really good.

Design: So many worlds for your quest...so many loading time for your quest. But at the end, it's all worth it.

Pros: Gameplay and story are fun to see. Especially when you got about ten guys around you to kill.

Cons: You get a lightsaber after like 15 hours of gameplay. And Dark side Points affect you more than light side points.

KaiyonTormentor gives KOTOR II an 8 out of 10

May the force be with you...

-KaiyonTormentor

2. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Hmm, I guess i would give it a 7.5. It just didn't draw me in like KoTOR did. I could play that game for days. This one I didn't even bother to finish.

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

KOTOR 2 wasn't -that- great to be honest. It was fun, but it's too repetive. But that's me though. I'd say spend your cash on WoW instead.

- Teddz

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Agreed!

Although the game is good, i think it's onlysomething that i would excpect in a movie. It's storyline is quite something, but if they made it a movie, it will be too long. So, the choice is hard, both would be good anyways.

-Seishin

5. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

I give it a 9 out of 10. I loved this game, being able to find out what happened after the jedi civil war. What happened to the other characters. new styles new force moves. It was fairly long and in the beggining it was boring but I thought highly of the game. I believe they are making a third one to?

6. Seishin

Seishin Guest

You are correct in the being long part. Seriously, it takes you half the game in the Light Side to finally have all the pieces, and build your lightsaber. That' the only con i see there. But, it's cool, since in the Dark Side, you'll take much less because you can just kill people for the parts, making it way easier. Here's to choices!

-Seishin

7. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Actually, by playing the game over again, Ive found that you can aquire a lightsaber not too far into the game. Although you have to beat the first 3 Areas (along with their sub-areas), its a preety good deal. Although changing your choices changes your path, they're a bit too obious, and sometimes you dont know what to do.
    EX: Tari System. It took me three tries to complete the planet on the Dark side mission.
    The game, nevertheless, is awsome, Its just too bad that they underused Nihilus, or showed Carth Onasi (KOTOR I) about 5 minutes for the whole game,

- Kaiyon

8. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

Also, I noticed while playing the game that they had a few glitches. Got stuck on Nar Shadaa and hade to restart cause bot wouldnt let me through. and 1-2 of the missions showed no data and were wierd. I dont know why but having to restart sucked. The only thing that is cheap is the crystal the bonds with you. It kinda is a little to strong. It jacked my Wisdom up through the roof but that just made it easier to beat.

9. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Yes, KOTOR II is known for its numerous glitches. But the rest of the game is glitch free. Some parts are good when you discover glitches. I managed to reduce Lord Scion's Willpower to 0%
    Then there are the bad glitches, like the ones you mentioned. Nevertheless, Ill stick by this game. Its replay value is very high too.

- Kaiyon