Creative Writing Story in the making......

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Yumi, Feb 18, 2003.

?

What do you think about the start of it?

1. I love it!

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. It's good

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Not bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I hate it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yumi

Yumi New Member

The Legend of the Trinity…

So, traveller, you wish to hear what I have to say? My story is long, a road travelled by few.. Listen, if you will. I shall begin where it all started, a kingdom of darkness and a king wearied by life.

The Diary of King Jacob III 13th of Harvest Month, 1499

The Land of Myelin rebelled today. Our allies leave the Trinity as rats do a sinking ship. Unusual pains seize my heart of late. I have sent word for the Elves of the Deep Lands, perhaps they will ally with us as they did for my grandfather. There have been non-stop riots, tremors from deep underground. I wish I could undo what was done, but now, there is no hope.

1st of the Month of Silence, 1499

The King sat on his throne, beady eyes glittering from a podgy face. The Lady of the Elves, Elenaé, was present in the courtroom, head lowered in greeting to the Nobles. Her elven-boned body was sleek in the fading light, a bow of fine make strapped to her back.

“So, Elenaé, there is no alliance between us and the Elven-folk? Curses, curses upon your people. I want..no, I need help, and someone must give it to me!” Jacob massaged his head, the crown on his head of grey tattered and loose.

“I am sorry, sire. We will have no part in a rebellion, no part in a war.” The Lady turned, walking swiftly out of the dismal room.

As she left, King Jacob spoke bitterly. “ So you choose death over us. Have it your way, lŏkté”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elenaé strode into the hay-smelling stable, suppressing a sneeze. Her straight blonde locks straggled lacklustre about her face, her expression frustrated and sad at the same time. Untying her horse, she mounted and trotted out of the barn, to be met by a burly man on a coal-black stallion, and a sleek man of perhaps elvish heritage on a creamy mare.

She rolled her eyes, and crossed her arms.” Whatever do you want now? I told the King-“

“We have a proposition for you, Lady of the Deep Forest. I am Richard, Mage of the Earth, and this is Lord Zenet, High Priest of the Earthen Magick.”

“What delightful introductions, milord. I am due to the Woods of Mist tomorrow, so I shall depart your lovely company.” She nodded briskly, continuing into the courtyard. Her horse flicked its tail, lashing Richard across the jaw.

“Halt!” That from Lord Zenet, one hand raised idly. Ivy shackles snaked from the cracked, barren earth, trapping the steed and it’s rider. Elenaé cried out in pain, bound at the wrists by what she suspected to be poison oak. It bit and scratched the soft skin, drawing blood.

“What is this foul treachery? Are our folk not brothers? Did we not fight alongside one another in the Last Battle? Lord Zenet, speak now, for I will uphold this foulness no longer.”

“I only ask you join the Council at the Citadel, in Lightside. The Lords and Ladies of the Magicks are gathering there, and I will ask you to represent your kin there.”

She frowned. “Surely you should ask my Uncle for that honour. I am the Lady of the Deep, yes, but no leader of my people. That may be hard for you to understand, but..”

“I appreciate that, Lady. Let us travel, then. You have no reason to stay here. King Jacob will plead for his people there, you should know.”

She glanced at him sharply – had he read the most shielded of minds? Perhaps, yes, perhaps he could see through what she tried to be. “Why not, as you say, there is nay for me here.” She smiled faintly, the coarse ivy melting away.. Zenet returned the smile, and turned to Richard, as if they shared some secret language, unspoken ,the mage turned to the west, bid the Lady goodbye, and urged his steed towards the West Gate.

“Come now, Elenaé, it is three day’s ride to the Citadel. I shall enjoy your company. Teach me of the elves, I have often yearned to know their history.” He patted her arm gently, and they rode into the lurking deep of the Forest of Shadow.

2. Mika-chan

Mika-chan New Member

Hey, i really like it! it's cool!

3. Yumi

Yumi New Member

thank you i'll post another soon

4. Yumi

Yumi New Member

OOC: here's the next part

Meanwhile……

“Avaloth!” The resounding screech penetrated the ashen walls of Darkangle’s lair, swathed in black velvet and black marble columns. The aptly named ‘Black Widow’ was very beautiful, very dangerous. At present she lounged on her throne, relaxed, immensely powerful. Swift footsteps told of Avaloth’s arrival. The handsome bat-winged man bowed low before the Queen, his sword sheathed by his side. Blood stained his kid-skin gloves, which he wiped on his jerkin, of black material.

“Yes, oh Queen?”

“There is a meeting we will invade. See to it that the Lords and Ladies of the Light find out about our little ‘arrival’ In style, Avaloth, that is how we will arrive. Some sort of decision is at hand – and I will have a part in it.” She smiled, her youthful looks obscured by a tendrils of lustrous hair. Lips pursed, she mused silently, playing with her jauntily perched crown.

“Oh, Avaloth?” Sweet was her voice, sultry even.

“Yes, Lady?”

“Also, tell King Jacob that we will join his alliance..evil things stir at his castle..thankyou, Avaloth.”

Her now fierce gaze centred onto the elaborately carved fountain in the middle of the regal room. It spurted a reddish liquid onto slick black tiles, the liquid blooming from the bellies of all the Lords and Ladies in the Region. The most prominent, though, were Drift, better known as Cauri, Zenet, Lithandril, better known as Michael or Lysander, Bastet, the newly crowned Queen of Animals, Celebgil Mornor, Yuki, the shadowy Lady of Water, and atop them all was a most disturbing sight – Darkangle herself, standing upon those aforementioned, holding a sphere of shadow above her head- with a wicked leer of satisfaction on her stony face. Truly, it was a magnificent creation, a masterpiece for the time.

She laughed her delicate laugh, and the room spiralled into darkness, a god emerging from the gold-inlaid door to her left. It was Riggarm. What her spoke next stirred the evil that pumped through her veins..

“Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatulûk, Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul”
    {It is time for the rising of my power..My spirit to you, my faithful wraith.}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a sonic boom of power, and Darkangle cried out in tremulous pain, Rigarm’s coveted power surging into her, his soul, his essence. She lay, sobbing for breath, on the cold floor. Darkangle knew her quest..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raucous laughter swung through the shadowy trees, originating from Elenaé, her hair sweeping her face as she laughed. Zenet grinned at the lively elf. Never had he had so much fun with one of her heritage, never had he imagined Elves could be so friendly. She was truly delightful, in his private opinion. They had ridden for many hours towards this site, the Crossways of Gilthoniel, Star kindler and Elf. The road split into well-worn dirt paths, one sloping upwards, and one sloping downwards.

“Which way is it, then, milord?”

“Lady Elenaé, it would do you well to call me by my name, not ‘milord’ Call me Zenet”

“And you should call me by my name, if we are to be friends.”

“Aye, we are. This way” He pointed to the downward sloping pathway, with it’s craggy rocks and jutting Spinifex. Strange, that Spinifex, a desert plant, should grow furiously in the Forest of Shadow. But Zenet waved that thought aside.

“Okay then. Let us go, Zenet. The time grown late, and I wish not to be in such a foul forest when darkness falls.”
    So they set off, through the darkening forest, leaning back in their saddles, a breeze whistling up the steep hill to meet them. Outlined in the sunset were the Black Mountains, and beyond, a tiny spire, the Citadel. It would be roughly a day’s good travel to meet the mountains.

----------------------------------------------------------

Avaloth groaned. Heaving himself up from a bed of mussed-up hay, he looked to the beauty who lay asleep beside him. A terrible sort of headache, of which he knew no cure, had struck Bulëwilwariniel, a strikingly beautiful elf, with a very confusing name. She had fallen asleep in his bed, and he knew now, as he propped himself up on one elbow, that he loved her. Not admired, or respected, but loved. He planted a kiss on her smooth skin, eyes flashing blue. Damn. Not again. He was cursed for life by having three people inside of him. It was very awkward, when one part of him loved Yuki, the gentle but dark Water Priestess, one part loved slaughter and battle, and the other, his human form, Avaloth, loved Bule, the elven woman asleep beside him. He swung his legs over his side, and pulled on his heavy boots, wings flattened at his back. Bule inhaled deeply, and rolled over, hand outstretched to Avaloth.

“Just..where do you think you are goin’-“ She yawned widely, and continued. ”Going, eh? You’d better not leave, Avaloth.” By now her eyes were wide open, deep blue. She winked mischievously, and yanked a wing, odd bits of straw sticking out of her hair.

“Ouch! That hurt, Bule! I’m going for a walk..did you want to come?”

“Of course, Avaloth, spare me a moment to get changed.“ She stepped out of bed, wearing trews and a singlet-type jerkin. Reaching for her outer clothing, she was changed quickly, a shy smile on her face. She pinned her cloak around her shoulders, offering her hand to Avaloth.

“Ready to go?”

“Of course. Oh..Avaloth..thankyou..”

“What for?”

“For being so kind..for saving me in that tavern.”

She laced her fingers through his, and pecked him on the cheek. His smile spread, and they walked out of the barn, a twang of guilt burrowing through his heart. The Queen had some strange ideas, but never any that would kill off all life. He didn’t know the best thing to do, perhaps he never would. But he vowed to savour every moment with his friends, as long as they lived.

--------------------------------------------------------

5. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

I like the description: not powerful, but enough to keep you interested. I am, however, a little confused with the shifts of settings with different characters. I'm having a little trouble with understanding exactly what is going on here.

6. Yumi

Yumi New Member

some of the characters in this are at different places therefore place settings my friend and i are writing this so it's a little confusing

7. Cunning Servant

Cunning Servant New Member

Ah thanks for the explanation, you are going to make it a little more streamlined I hope?

8. Rebos

Rebos New Member

fun...

When is the next part coming?, when?, when?
    Me wants to read...:D :)