Television Stupid Commercials

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by toeskater91, May 4, 2004.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

To to my list of annoying ad's, i'm sick to death of those ad's on MTV offering you new ringtone's, for about 10 euro a pop. And i really hate the way that they try to make a little jingle out of their phone number. The worst part about them is that they play them back to back, then they play some other add (probably McDonalds or something) and then they play it AGAIN, BACK TO BACK. :anger2: :anger2:

2. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

mayn... i hate most of the ads....theyare just sooo stupid..and really annoying such as ...
    mcdonalds
    those super long ones that makes u forget wut u were watching(laughs)
    insurance
    grrr...fanta too..hehhe...
    mayn just too much and bad that i cant even think of because they were bad...i just hate em
    andyeah , and i super hate this japanese ad it is abour these old guys on wheelchairs yelling BANSAIç
    misao

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I don't think any commercials bother me. :D

4. Mystic

Mystic New Member

I hate those Fanta commercials, Pepsi commercials and Coca Cola commercials. Hmm, theres something weird here... there all beverages! I dont know why its just those, theyre just annoying...

5. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

Any of those stupid insurance ads with really greasy old men, which try to make you believe that getting insurance from their company will get you gorgeous and yet incredibly young women. Wrong!

6. Feena

Feena New Member

I hate those Mac Donalds adds 'I'm lovin it' ¬_¬. I can't really remember a whole lot of ads actually, but there's these ones about food poisoning that bug me, and then there's the ads for tv lisences which are totaly stupid, I'm not even going to explain them because they're so stupid -_- .

7. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

There is this Re-financing commercial that appears every now and then. To make it worse, it's one of those sub-par productions.

Shot 1: *Middle aged man in a suit facing the camera and standing on the left side of the screen* "Call now."
    Shot 2: *Same guy, right side of the screen* "Call Now!"
    Shot 3: *this time, in the middle of the screen*"Call Now now now!"
    Shot 4: *The guy blurs out and a voice over comes in* "Want to know what this guy is all excite about? Call *somebozo* at 999-nevermind."
    Shot 5: *melody and company logo*

That has to be the first commercial that really annoys me. Most others are ignorable but this just gets under my skin :anger2: .

8. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

Herbal ecences. I was scared of what might happen to me if i used that stuff :anime:.well i got a few more but im to lazy to post em.

9. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

OK i know this thread is nearly dead but i had to bring it back to report the most annoying abomination of an ad ever.
    Unless you get the channel UTV (which i think is only shown in Ireland and Northen Ireland) you'r probably lucky enough never to see this. It's an ad for the TV station's Broadband service, i think (cause it annoys you so much will actually miss the point the ad is tring to make). And the servce is free for the first 2 months or so. So in the ad they have UTV presenters doing something (cooking, announding the weather) and all they say is free. :anger2: . Thats it for the whole 2 minutes all they say is:

Free free free.... free free free free free... free free .......... free free free free free free free. Free free free.... free free free free (and so on :dizzy2: ).

GOD the ad is so annoying, they use the word free so many times that the word really losses any sence of meaning, i mean am i even spelling it right? :dizzy2: i can't tell anymore.

10. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

Ok, well I don't know if this ad is only shown in Australia, but a couple of months ago there was this ad for some kind of alcohol (beer I think) that was shown probably every half hour on any given channel. Obviously the producers of the ad were going for the shock factor, because this ad was so gross and disturbing that it would leave most people staring at the tv as if it had clubbed a baby seal or something.
    It starts out with a young man sleeping in bed. Suddenly, he pokes his tongue out. Hmm, you think, maybe he's having a weird dream. But no, the tounge (which has been computer animated delightfully complete with enlarged tastebuds and white dyhydration film *puke*) falls out of the man's mouth and proceeds to drag itself across the floor, out the door and across the street to a rather loud party. The tounge then crawls amongst the many dancing people (who seem to have no problem with it) and dives into a bath to retrieve a bottle of this beer. The tounge then drags this beer back home and returns to the mouth of the young man. The man then wakes up with the beer in his mouth.
    Now, sure this ad is now infamous, but can anyone actually remember the name of the beer? Nope.
    There's plenty of annoying ads, but I've never come across one so utterly disturbing :confused:

~kitty~

11. Fushigi Rockna

The Mc Donalds commericials. GOD. can't stand 'em.

Those commericials tlaking about how downloading music gets you viruses. I ahte these for my effects. My mom thinks you cna only get viruses from music downloads now, and every one is infected. o_O Uh, mother, ANYTHING YOU DOWNLOAD CAN GET YOU VIRIUSES!!!! It doesn't only relate to music. And not all music contains viruses. Mostly just the ones you get off Kazaa and such and ones that are actually infected by the FBI to make you stop downloading. X) Gotta watch for those.

Can't think of any others at the moment.

I'm glad no one brought up the new old Navy feel-good jeans. (those are priceless). "COME ON EVERYONE LET'S STUDY!!" Freakin' hilarious man. XD (I don't like the one with the boy as much as the girl in class. XD)
    (well the old Navy commercials were brought up once). :p

12. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

sorry to bust your bubble fushigi rockna, but i absolutely hate those navy commercials. they're so annoying and they take too much time. same with every other commercial though.

(o^-^o) yaka.

13. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Oh I forgot. Those commercials make ME SO ANGRY!
    They are so damn ridiculous! Come on. Rapping about McGriddle cakes? And the one verse is "breakfast for you, bedtime snack for me."

14. _ukyo_

_ukyo_ New Member

Im sooo mad they took out the old lady wearing the kfc bucket!!!! that add was funny XD i really hate mcdonald adds "im not loving it!!!"

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Somewhere, in the long period of time where I didn't bother turning on my TV (X months ago to now) I grew to hate all commercials. In fact, I find so few interesting shows on these days, I barely even need cable. MAYBE I'll watch the Simpsons or Futurama ONCE in a while, but that's it. And I honestly haven't watched TV for any length of time in at least a month or so. (DVDs, another story) :p

But yeah, any of those McDonalds commercials that say "I'd hit it" are pretty low on the list. They didn't do enough research on their slang before they tried to use it. "I'd hit it" means "I'd have sex with it." Eeewwww...

Anyway, I get a bit of a laugh (not much of one) knowing that I can prove one of their old phrases wrong. "There's a little McDonalds' in everyone." Not so! McDonald's-free for... I dunno, a year? Two years? I forget. A long time, anyway. :p

16. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

The top one on my list is the *Cencored word* about cell phones can you hear me now every time i see that i want to take a sledge hammer to the guys legs.

second is McDonalds commercial man there so full of themselves about good food. Last time i ate there i launched my Super sized drink right at the cooks for giving me cold food for the fourth time..they need to ban all McDonalds in the U.S better yet the world.

17. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Commercials really don't bother me much because when there on I am to busy talking or just tuning them out.

The "Can you hear me now? Good." ones drive me crazy for one fact, it is not true! myaunt works for a Cell phone company and they were testing out that brand and she took it down to the river and guess what, no sigal!

Also, the dieting commercials with people who lose like 20 pounds, but they don't tell how long it took, plus there is more than it looks.

Also make over ones wear the people before are not wearing make up and are like 3 times lighter in skin color.

18. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

Commercials I HATE:

The mastercard commercials-there's only two good ones, the one where you win your own island and the one i made up. :cool:

The barbie commercials-GOOD GOD! HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET?! 'WHERE'D YOU GET THAT' IS THE DUMBEST LINE EVER!!!!!!!!

Commercials that have anything to do with Atomic Betty-Atomic Betty is one of the most horrible shows I'VE EVER SEEN! It completely scares me.

Commercials I like:

Staburst Commercial-It's not on TV, but if you listen to the top 40, it's that cool one with the nunshucks and the taser.

Geico-I liked the one where they're on this soap opera. Too cool. :D

19. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

this is about commercials you hate but truth is i hate every one except the Geico ones i like the cavemane ones and the one when the Gecko is doing the Robot that is the only commercials i everd like

20. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

The ones i hate the much are those enzyyme or enzite (dont know how to spell it) commercials. those male enhancer commercials are so dumb, somebody shoot the person who made them up.