Television Stupid Commercials

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by toeskater91, May 4, 2004.

1. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

hoof

1# oxi clean or whatever it's called
    2# corti slim
    3# geico[ the geco is cute though]
    4#bloating medicane[ that is just so gay]

Hey some commercials are cool though. Like the ones on adult swim.
    Oh and the mcdonalds one when the guy is in the subway station was cute.

2. Rain

Rain New Member

1: I don't know what the Hell this commercial was, but I guess it's suppose to be some home rennovation service and the thing went on for 10 freakin' minutes, I counted every second of it. That guy was so damn annoying. He kept saying the same thing over and over."Call now and we'll fix your house for a low price. We'll even add in an air conditioning system! If you call now, our price will be so low you won't believe it!" and so on. I called them to tell them how much I hated them and told them to go to Hell, though.

2: Trix commercials... seriously, give the rabbit some damn Trix and he'll leave you alone!

3: OxiClean, that guy's also damned annoying. If I had a penny for everytime I've seen that guy's face on TV, I'd be rich enough to shoot him and bribe the judge and every other person in the court room.

4: MacDonald's... they should shoot Ronald or something.

5: Gap commercials, what's with all that damned dancing?

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

The Barbie commercials get on my nerves. I gotta tell you though, i congratulate them. They actually manage to brainwash little kids into buying dolls about a princess that goes with a different guy every time. Hmmmmm.......

-Seishin

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I don't know if I'd say they are stupid, but they do scare me; Those new Burger King commercials. I thought the song sung by Darius Rucker from Hootie and the Blowfish in the magical land with the cowgirl on a swing being pushed by the King and then the girl saying 'Come and get it' to be scary. But then the breakfast sandwich one..where the King appears to a man at the window and hands him a breakfast sandwich then suddenly the King is surrounded by many animals...is even more insane (sorry for the long sentences).

And I found a new one while searching the net: http://slate.msn.com/id/2107697

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I get what you mean. But also, it's so stupid, it makes it scarier than it already is. But seriously, what kind of person waits outside someone's window to give 'em a burger? Wouldn't the guy call 911, saying there's a stalker outside? Or, make sure that the sandwich (or burger) is %100 safe and healthy? *shudder*

-Seishin

6. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

blah. i hate all commercials. there evil i tell you, EVIIILLLLLL.... take up to much time.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

MC Hammer on life insurance....The irony.

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Almost as ironic as Tony Sirico from The Sopranos selling life insurance for an irish insurance company.

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

How about Safeway's new "Ingredients for life" commercials? Oh but wait, I don't think I'm allowed to put down the company I work for. :p

10. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i would have to say all axe and tag bodyspray commercials
    they are sooooooooo annoying

11. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

That Mentos commercial scares me.. the one where all these different types of birds start honking and chirping.. yikes! Mentos' older commercials were cheesy but a bit humorous in the cheese factor..

12. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I really dislike the McDonalds commercials. And I dislike any car commercial *I won't say what kind of cars I dislike just so I don't offend anyone* And The gap/ old navy commercials. Grrr it get's me mad just thinking about them :mad:

13. Reisti Skalchaste

I forget. What's a "commercial" again? :p Seriously, I haven't watched TV in sooo long. I just download/buy everything I watch these days.

I think, after so long without commercials, I'd hate them all. Time-wasting, interrupting, annoying, what good do they serve? :anger2:

14. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Well they serve the perpose of tring to seel somebodys product, in other words its to let people know that its there (and i'm aware that they do it 5 million times every day). But if you had a product to sell then the best way to do it is an ad on tv.

As far as i know television regulations allow channels to show 13 minutes of ads every hour, but that may be different depending on what country your living in. And if the channels are allowed to show ads then they're going to take them since its another source of income, which means were stuck with them :sweat2: .

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Oh, I know. I was just ranting. They have their purpose, even if we all hate them, and there's nothing we can do to get rid of them.

My response is to ignore them by not watching TV. (Not like there's ever anything good on, anyway)

16. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

There's good television. It is difficult to find, though. I don't like any commercial. Of course, they do have a purpose, but it does nothing for me :p. I just ignore them by pressing the mute button.

Stupid commercials? Hmmm... any sung one is stupid. They're used very often in the local television.

17. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Except the one with Gene Kelly of course ;).

1 person likes this.
  18. Reisti Skalchaste

Maybe in Columbia. Not in Canada, as far as I know. :mad:

Hmm... you know, I can't even remember the last commercial I saw. I was going to describe it and say why I hated it, but... :p

19. Sword Alchemist

Sword Alchemist New Member

Im sick of that Chocolate Factory commercial that they usually show during Adult Swim.

20. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i also hate commercials for bratz dolls
    all those dolls do is end up teaching our younger generations to be superficial airheads
    that is good?
    so lame
    hate those commercials