Video Games Summoner

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Feb 15, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Has anybody played this game from beginning to end? I'm working on that in my spare time.

I think the game would make a great book, personally. Maybe it's because the hero (Joseph) and his first ally (Flece) remind me of the main characters from a book I read last fall ... The Shadow of His Wings, it was called, can't recall the author's name ... it was a good read, anyway. The resemblance is probably due to the fact that both stories star an unlikely hero, Joseph being a farmer who is chased by an enemy army, and Lukan (from the book) being chased by an enemy army as well ... Also, both characters had a female thief as an ally. That contributes as well.

As for the game itself, I have to say that the character graphics could have been better, but the graphics on the back grounds were better than anything else I saw when the game first came out. The audio's pretty good as well, although Rosalind (the mage character)'s voice acting was pretty bad.
    The best part, by far, was the joke bit inserted after the credits, the Saturday Night Live parody of Dungeons & Dragons enacted by THQ video game characters ... it was hilarious, particularly the giant monster with the squeaky voice calling "Where's the Mountain Dew" and "Roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk!" ... it reminded me of a few of my own D&D games, right up to the point of having a scary monster as a player and a hunted summoner for a GM (actually, it was just Tama and BMS).

GENTATSU: It's over, Murod! With this hand I shall ... [holds up his hand, realizes it's cut off] ... oh wait ...
    NO: Believe it or not, that may have just been a spoiler ...
    ZANSHI:You idiot! You haven't got any arms left!
    GENTATSU: Yes I have!
    CC61 [pointing at the severed hand of Gentatsu, which bears the Mark of the Summoner]: What's that, then?
    GENTATSU: It's just a scratch! I've had worse!
    [A Monty Python-ish duel ensues ...]