FLCL surely you've heard of Atomsk

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by MamiyaOtaru, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Musashi

Musashi New Member

I cant believe it im surrounded by lords, how do u become anything at all? Also did anyone here see Ninja Scroll, that movie was awesome to me.

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

hehe it jsut happens that all the lords love FLCl so they are all in here. It isn't so bad elsewhere. Intelligent posts can lift you from the dust of your current ranking, but no one around here really cares what it is anyway,a s long as you're cool [​IMG]

I saw most of Ninja Scroll once, seemed alright. Lot of violence for violence's sake. Any one else have any thoughts on that?
    --------------
    lord of my keyboard

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I've seen Ninja Scroll.. the unedited subtitled version... making that one of my 'I watched it to tell my friends never to watch it' list. I can handle people falling in pieces, huge blades cutting people in half, and even arms being ripped off, the blood drinking's only kinda sick... My reason to never see that movie again can be summed up in one short description, the hentai element... Doggy-style, wholesale sex and perverted activities, if you're into those things, by all means go ahead and watch it... My single track mind abhors hentai, it's just sick, I don't care if it's got a beautiful plot, if they want to infer sexual things, by all means they should *INFER* (reference: Now and Then, Here and There; this series did references to rape, but they didn't show anything, the imagery presented tells you all you need to know, it's by far more powerful than any explicit scene I've screened) I just don't wanna see it on screen. I don't have any opinion on the movie besides it being disgusting.

-UK
    ----------------
    Hentai basher

/Edited to fix a misleading statement

[This message has been edited by UrashimaKeitaro (edited 08-24-2001).]

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

FURI KURI!!

Hmmm, I too thought that the scene where that girl was being raped by that rock man was just pointless!

I mean, If there is a reason for showing stuff like that then it's sorta okay. Although just throwing it at you can make you lose all your blood from your nose bleeding.

--------------------------------
    Lord of the Boards

5. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

if u think ninja scroll is bad, then u should (or rather should not) watch ninja resurection, ninja scroll is nottin compared to it (neither in blood, nor hentai) ...it really made me throw up...if ep 3 ever gets available, I sure as hell won't watch it...just a small warinin [​IMG]

------------------
    [​IMG] <-- I want that has avatar ^_^;;

[This message has been edited by Kiaikou (edited 08-25-2001).]

6. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

And indeed, thank you for the warning, like I said, I'm kindof a local filter where it comes to anime, when someone finds out about something new, it's my job to 'screen' it for hentai, anytime I have an advance warning it helps (just so I don't have to torture myself with the watching thereof).

Anyhow, back on track, let's start a speculation run on parts of FLCL! Who's up first? I'll throw one out for starters, ep 4, Haruko (Rahal) talking with Naota in front of the store at night, heads dropping to the ground, seemingly impossible movement... the list goes on and on... let's hear *your* speculation!

-UK
    ------------
    Topic conscience (helping rogue topics get back on track)

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Oh yeah, hentai was the other reason I disliked that movie, I had just blocked it out of my mind completely.

NEway, that head dropping was really weird. Whose was it? how much can we talk about this without it being a spoiler? ok: SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT well sorta, I will be oblique [​IMG]

not that hearing this will help you understand, but you may want to see it pure.. so on with the show

I assume it was the dad's head, but the dead dad in the cabinet looked like his head was attatched. And it sure looked dead, how did sticking it in the shower help it any? And how long had the replacement been there causing the power meter to spin before we noticed it? And why was Haruko, in ep 4, seeing if the dad's head worked, when she had run over him (and clocked him?) in ep. 1?

muahahaha answer that if you can understand it. the gauntlet is thrown down
    -------------
    clang OW!!

8. YokoburiKinura

And speaking of screening for hentai, this is sorta on-topic because I was so disappointed with what happened with the next series Gainax made after FLCL, Mahoromatic. I mean it's really more extreme fan-service, I don't think anybody engages in any acts, but still, the extreme fan-service really killed the show for me. And I'm so bitterly disappointed, too, cause it's directed by Hiroyuki Yamaga, the man who created Wings of Honneamise.