Suspended.

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by BakaMattSu, Oct 23, 2004.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Little known fact: For over a year, I've slept on a matress on the floor of my apartment.

That's right, a simple diagram:
    Floor -> Mat -> Matt

And I'd grown accustomed to it. As I noted in my earlier entry, I'm not a real get-up-and-go person. I have to really get motivated sometimes. And one thing I never really got on top of when I moved into my apartment a year ago was furniture. I started with a small dining set, a table for my computer, and a matress thrown on my bedroom floor.

Since then, I've actually acquired much more. A television and VCR (thanks, dad). A loveseat (small couch) and end table from a former coworker who picked up and moved to England on a whim and couldn't take with. An old seachest from the salesguy at work (I set my TV and DVD collection on it). And now, a complete bedroom with a bed, dresser, and cupboard.

I inherited the last from my aunt and uncle - they recently bought brand new furniture in their place. The items certainly have a history - the two of them have had them since their marriage (meaning the furniture predates myself).

But a bed really is an odd thing to me now. I mean, they seemed to make perfect sense before. You sleep nowhere else but in a bed (barring those satys over at friends where you crash on the couch, or any open spot unclaimed on the floor...or really just pass out wherever). But after my year on the floor - it's strange now being lifted in above the ground, suspended by a set of legs and boxsprings before you even factor in the matress. One thing is for certain - it's a lot harder to just roll out of bed and onto my feet, and a lot easier to just reach over and whack the alarm clock for "five more minutes" and oversleep.

2. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i like to sleep on the floor. well, too bad i have a bed XD. but seriously, why wouldnt u get one? or is sleeping on the floor addictive? ah, and a human being needs at least 8 hour sleep a day. and if u dont sleep enough weird dreams will be bothering u.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I didn't get one because of the trouble of getting one. I'm predominantly lazy, and on top of that real bad at keeping on top of things - I start something, and end up leaving it before it's done to start five other things.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Congrats! Your apartment sound slike it's coming along nicely. I understand how being more above the ground must be such a change for you since you got used to a semi form of Japanese sleeping. Welcome back to Western living!