Sword Forms

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Akusi, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Akusi

Akusi New Member

Does anyone knpow any real sword forms?

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

like what do u mean? i practice Iai Jutsu but...what?

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

i noticed something about the end of Kenshins Sou Ryuu Sen... when he finishes and brings the saya back after a second hit hes almost in Hitokiri Gensai's Battoujutsu stance

4. Odin

Odin Member

I used to know the first couple movements of a sword form that a friend of mine learned from Master Young Pyo Choi (who is best known for his specialty in weapons), who is the brother of Master Joon P. Choi who is head and founder of the Ohio Martial Arts College (OMAC for short). I've seen Master Joon P. Choi's son, Moo-song (not sure if that's spelled correctly) do a really neat sword form during one of the promotion tests at his Taekwondo school in Columbus. Very impressive.

The only actual forms I know are for the long staff. Good times.
    -Odin

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

kewl im assuming thats tai chi? or Kenjutsu or Continental Kenjutsu? i didnt know that Tae Kwon Do used swords...i probably should have tho seeing as im korean ^^;;; staff forms are among the best style of weapons martial arts and effective in todays society although martial arts such as Tae Kwon Do and other open handed or empty handed martial arts are the most useful... i still prefer a sword art over most other arts which i why i study Iai Jutsu ^^;;

6. Battousai

Battousai New Member

I know a few, Eskrima, Kendo, Ninjitsu.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

kewl ^^ ninjutsu is more of a kicking art isnt it? thats what i was told but i really dont know much about that art...im most talented with a katana and wakizashi in a nitou jutsu

8. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i would like to learn some sword forms. i tried teaching myself from manuals and stuff from the net, but i wasnt to succesful. id like some to help me learn. id have alot of fun

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

well i do self taught sword style so basicly you need to know how to make correct hits on the 9 vital points of the body and from there you can create moves based on those hits....Hitokiri Gensai made his own style of Kenjutsu called Furanui Jutsu

10. Hitokiri_Gensai

most of the japanese schools have roots from self taught kenjutsu. The famous swordsman Musashi Miyamoto used a deadly nitou ryuu that he created himself. his first fight was at the age of 13. a man did something to anger him and he took to beating him until he fell and from there he beat the man around the head with a wooden stick until the man died vomiting blood *violent child isnt he?* from there he began to learn little bits of Kenjutsu...eventually he had come to the point where using his Nitou Style of Kenjutsu he had won 60 consecutive duels... after his 60th duel he put down his katana and wakizashi and started using bokkens in his duels. in one particularly famous duel he carved a bokken from a spare oar on the way to the island where he would fight one of the Shoguns master swordsmen. he succeded in not only turning away the samurais swords strokes but killing the man. he eventually put down his sword altogether and retreated to a secluded mountain top where he wrote the famous book Go Rin No Sho. or the book of 5 rings. in it he details the famous sword style of Nitou Ryuu. he describes fighting stances and defense and attacks...its still used to teach modern business men strategy...