FLCL Synch-Point and FLCL R1

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by YokoburiKinura, Apr 3, 2001.

1. YokoburiKinura

Gee, I would've thought UrashimaKeitaro would've posted something about this by now...

A company called Digital Manga has decided to create a new subsidiary, Synch-Point, to release anime in the U.S. It's said they will be working closely with Production I.G. At the recent Fanime convention, they announced that their first two titles will be FLCL and Tenshi no Narumon. For the official press release, visit www.synch-point.com. These two series should at least start seeing VHS sub/dub releases by the end of 2001.

2. YokoburiKinura

Anime News Network today posted this story on Production I.G.'s connection to Synch-Point:

According to IG representative, Maki Terashima, previous reports that Digital Manga's new video distribution arm Synch Point is a subsidiary of IG are entirely false, "Synch Point is not a subsidiary of IG."

However Production IG has started its own North American label, IG Video. IG Videos first title will be FLCL.

This is what has confused many people as Synch Point recently announced that they would be distributing FLCL, Maki explains that "We decided to license it [FLCL] to Digital MANGA on a pre-condition that
    they co-produce the English version with Production I.G. and release it as IG video." Essentially FLCL will be a joint release by Synch Point and IG Video.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I must say, I'm not as good a news hound as you. BTW: hahaha! you're not a samurai anymore :p
    anyway, here's hoping they'll stick more than one ep on a DVD

4. YokoburiKinura

I agree on the more than one ep.
    What's with this whole 'newbie' system anyway? How does one get three stars? Not that it matters anymore. So there, eat that.

-edit-

Well, just in case Otaru hasn't read this yet, when you go to the member profiles, 'Samurai' would've still been listed, just for some reason it's not being shown on the pages. But Otaru, I'm sure, already knew that. Why am I using an edit here? Well, see below for what Kiaikou would describe as '(an) unnecessary post nobody cares about'.

Hmm... I wonder what this button marked, "Close topic" does... heh heh (was that there before I became a moderator?) Oh, my bad, this is Otaru's and Keitaro's forum. I won't mess.

[This message has been edited by YokoburiKinura (edited April 10, 2001).]

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

yay!, I'm still a newbie *happy* and a samurai too!!

Samurai That guy! is one cool happy dude...

6. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

This one's courtesy of animeondvd.com

Synch Point tidbits (02:28 PM EST): A few little things have cropped up over the past day or two regarding the upcoming releases of Synch Point's. Originally, the DVD for FLCL was planned for after the VHS, but it now appears that this series will arrive at the same time though no dates are set yet. They're still looking at 2 OVA's per disc as well as getting some extras (which I hope will be a subtitled version of the Pillows music video that's on one of the discs)

Good news for FLCL and Pillowz phreaks!

-JavaLamp
    ----------
    ahh, the joy of pillows

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I love pillows. Sometimes I even get my hair done by pillows. for that wild, einstein look.

Oh yeah, the news is good too. I suppose we'll have to get used to a new sub of ep 1.. And, as per my wishes, more than one ep per disc. hurr4h
    -----------------
    and much excitement ensued

8. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I agree, the pillows-made hair configuration is just too much fun. With a little hair dye on one of those days, you could probably look like your namesake here, y'know, MO?

The rhyme was unintentional.

-JavaLamp
    -------------
    'Thy mantle good. What? Stained with blood?'