Art Tangerine Souffle (a watercolour)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Ciel, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Okay, so I'm a procrastinator and I don't do a painting and finish it in a certain amount of time unless I have a deadline.. so.. we are celebrating my Dad's 60th tomorrow, so I started drawing and painting a picture for him this week. I didn't start using the paints til thursday night, and with work and all, I didn't do much hardcore painting til today, but it's finished!

So I took pictures along the way:
    The painting is of a large Cattleya (Orchid) I have. The seller/breeder was going to throw it out so I got it for free ^__^ it has 4 new shoots coming up too now!

I didn't take a pic of the inital sketch though, maybe I'll edit later.

Initial
    Initial Leaf Painting
    Initial Flower Petal Painting

I got tired this time around of just painting layers throughout the whole work, so I started really working on the left Cattleya.. it wasn't the best thing to do so I wouldn't promote doing that..
    Left Flower Work

I went a bit wild and didn't bother taking a break after I finished the right Cattleya, so here's a picture with a background colour, I would suggest having done the blue first but I was undecided on the colour or if even having one for that matter..
    Overall Flowers and Background

A photo of the finished work:
    Finished Leaves and TouchUps

Scanned: (I better start painting smaller images for easier scanning!)
    Scanned Finished Product

Anyways, my Dad loves Cattleyas, so hopefully he likes this, I haven't done something for them in years..

tell me what you think! Hopefully I post more artwork soon, I got two others on the go.

2. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

looks so pwetty

3. Lance Leingod

Lance Leingod The White Blade

:Cries: I just love it! :sniff:

4. kita_hoshi

kita_hoshi New Member

+Dies+ So thats what I call real art
    :anime:

5. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Beautiful!!
    I love the colors!!

6. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Wow. Those really came out utterly amazing (makes me jealous, naturally >:|) I know I'm like five days, six days, something days late but if I were posting on time I would've told you your father would've loved it... but seeing as it's after that day, I'm sure you already know that. ¬¬

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

My Dad is a brat anyways.. I had to ask him later on what he actually thought of the painting I told him to take down some huge print he has of some ducks and put it up.

Thank you all for your comments! I'm going broke and don't work as much as I'd like, I hope I can get into painting more so I can sell some of my work in a local gallery.. ^___^