Video Games Tekken vs. Dead or Alive

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hacker, Jul 1, 2005.

?

which one do you like most?

1. Tekken

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Dead or Alive

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

it counts for all the games that have come out on both. which one do you guys like best and why do you like it more than the other? what was it that you didn't like about the other? all your thoughts and comments on both, please^______^

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Actually, I enjoy them both.

Tekken for it's stories and it's easy to go ahead combos, while Dead or Alive have the quick tag functions and it's great idea of the counters. And for it's speedy matches.

- Teddz

3. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

which one do you like best?

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

If I really had to choose, I'd go for Tekken. I am a old Tekken fanboy :)

- Teddz

5. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

Tekken has my vote. I started out with Tekken and the games they released just got better. I like Tekken more because it's what I started out with and it kicks ****. Dead or Alive wasn't really my thing. Tekken is better anyway. The characters kick butt too.

6. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

oh come on!! there has to be at least one person who likes Dead or Alive more. i mean they had the fighting thing down, then they came out with the Volleyball game, which was full of sexah girls bouncing around lol.

Dead or Alive had cut scenes to die for! i never really got the story behind DoA though :dizzy2: the charaters were cool, and the places you fight in were looking good. And, the coolest thing about the places where you fight....you can knock people off!!! Yeah, knocking people off bridges really relieved you of the boss who think he's the boss!!......matte, that doesn't make any sence :anime:

the graphics were cool, and what about Chrissy in the game? she got nominated for an award!!! though she didn't win.....it went to Laura Croft :dizzy2:

7. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Dead or Alive for me. It brought some fun characters like Kyu and Zack. And as said before, some really good cutscenes. Short ones, but good ones.
    That, plus its got some really fine chicks. :p

- Kaiyon

8. Orion

Orion Gears

I went with Tekken. I mean, it was one of the first games I have ever played. I grew up with it, so it gets my vote. Yes I give it to DOA for it's cutscenes and character designs, but Tekken is just awesome Old-School fighting. I also love the babes in DOA, but Tekken still manages a win for me. :)

-Ian

9. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Tekken: Good cutscenes, fights, characters.
    DOA: Good cutscenes, fights, teh babez.

Tough choice, but ill have to go with Tekken. Neither of those are my favorite fighting series though.

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Heihachi... enough said

11. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Dead or Alive is indeed fun but Tekken is the one for me. I sooo need to play Tekken 5 and train non-stop with it.

But in terms of Beat-em-ups, I am more of Streetfighter fan than any other fighting game.

- Shen

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I find Dead or Alive more "technical" than Tekken. DoA has a combo/counter system that's very versatile, but it is all decided on how easily you can read your opponent. Thus, with the right people playing, DoA has MUCH quicker fights (and more frenetic as well).

Then again, Tekken is more combo savvy. There are counters, yes, but few characters have them, and even fewer have an effective one. They have beautiful combos though (Baek comes to mind).

I'll stick with DoA simply because of the girls. Tekken's really fun and all...but I enjoy DoA.

I'd also like to point out, DoA is popular because of the girls. The great fighting engine only really appeared for DoA2, and even then, the most revolutionary thing it had (and still has) is an infinitely combo-able arsenal for every player. Other than that...babes. In skimpy outfits. I likes that. =D

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

That brings me to my theory:

Tekken= Guys
    DOA= Mostly Hot chicks in super short dresses

Tekken= Teken 5 (Awsome Game!)
    DOA= DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball (Rest mode anyone?)

It's clear. DOA is (like said) has a great and fun fighting engine. Plus it has LIVE on X-Box, so there's more people to beat, or have them kick the ever living crap out of me. And the girls, didn't I say that twice? w..wai--

-Seishin

14. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i would have to pick Tekken, I also grew up on it. even though as the graphics increase the game play becomes slow. but the games more addicting.

1 person likes this.
  15. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

fists up in the air: TEKKEN! TEKKEN! TEKKEN! TEKKEN!

16. Orion

Orion Gears

Amen brother. I say Tekken again because it has more characters, better fighting style, and Heihachi. Did I mention they had Heihachi? Good. Everyone who has ever owned an original Playstation has to of AT LEAST tried Tekken. I mean c'mon, who hasn't? Oh and the guys bummin' around arcades that I see, they're playin Tekken 5. 'Nuff said.

-Ian