Debate That we should be vegetarians.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaMeKaZi, Feb 25, 2006.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

That we should be vegetarians.

Debate

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

There are different types of vegetarians, some eat egg products, while others don't, some refrain from all animal origin meats.

Some people I know are vegetarians because they believe it makes them healthier, some are smart about it, and get their protein etc elsewhere, while others just get all skinny, but are unhealthy since they lost all the nutrients and protein, vitamins and such that meats provide.

Some people I know are vegetarians because of some horrible experience where they saw an animal butchered right in front of them for their meat, or hear the voices of the cows screaming.

I personally believe we have been made custodians, lords of all other animals, I find nothing wrong with killing an unendangered animal for food, we need to be inspired by Native Americans who killed a Buffalo to eat, and did not waste the body or kill for sport. Killing animals for sport or for only a 'possible' eating is cruel.

Vegetables are alive too.. of course they have a shorter lifespan, they are intended to be eaten, so are some animals.

But heck, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and their own way of eating, what I'm concerned about is that people get a well balanced diet full of the vitamins and minerals they need.

So no, why should I be a vegetarian? I try to stay away from red meats, that's good enough for me.

3. Fushigi Rockna

No.

I find some vegetarians fail to realize that animals have been eating other animals since the dawn of time. We are animals too. It's just the way the world is, the way we've been running our little ecosystem forever.

I understand some have very good reasons for being vegetarians, like the ones Ciel listed. i know people who don't eat meat simply because they don't like the taste (that's sometimes a case with me.) and that's perfectly understandable.

i just don't agree with people who say it's cruel to kill animals for food. I mean come on...they're always killing each other... - - Plants are alive too, so I suppose it's cruel to eat plants too. Looks liek you're left with just water. oh wait, there's orgasims in the water, and purifying the water kills them. And it's cruel to drink the little orgasims, isn't it? So looks like ya just gotta die. >>
    Amazing logic right there. ^

4. Fushigi Rockna

Deer are incrediably violent. o_O They are NOT helpless.
    if you, machettesword20, were to try to get close to a deer and pet it you'd probably either get trampled to death or rammed to death (if it hadn't run away first). ESPECIALLY if you were trying to pet a fawn. The mother would KILL you.
    They are not at all like Bambi. >>

I myself, don't like deer meat. In fact ham and pork are really some of the only meat I can say i really like....esp. ham...mmmmm, pineapple glazed ham with honey mustard...de-lish!
    (a pig is more helpless than a deer. Cuter too in my opinion X3)

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

It's a good idea, with vitamin supplements to bolster our needed daily intake instead of killing animals. However, I'll present the case that we're omnivores. We eat both plant and animal. Might as well keep doing so.

Logically, we can do so, and we'll be fine. But, I'd hate to not go a week without some bacon and hash browns in the morning.

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

but there are those who make the case that we should not eat meat.. But If you do not know how to find these vitamin supplements and east just veggies you can make youself extreemly sick because your not getting the vitamins from meat.. Its also the case if you were to try and eat just meat..

7. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Ok,you want a reason,i'll give you one.:D

We should not be vegitarians because god put animals here for a reason. There here to be eaten.People shoudn't be vegitarians because I don't think they will get all there vitamins and minerals. I've met a girl who was a vegitarian,I mean,yah she ate her vegies,but she was in such bad shape that she coudn't even run with out having to rest after ten steps.And she was really skinny,so skinny you could see her ribs.If it wasn't for the school,she would probally be in even worse shape.She came back a few weeks later and let me tell you,she looked great! And she said she would never do that again.
    From what i've seen,being a vegitarian is very bad for you. Besides, if god didn't want us to eat animals,then why did he make them out of tasty meat!?:D Plus we have the teeth of omnivours,so it's ovious that were suppose to eat both. anyways,those are my reason.

8. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

First of all, that was a triple post, and that's a bad idea, now for my input. There are both good sides and bad sides to this. Firstly, some people have failed to realize that there i such thing as THE FOOD CHAIN. God put animals on this planet to be eaten by other animals. If not, the world would be over populated with animals. Meat, if prepared the right way, is very healthy for you and provides many vitamins your body needs to run correctly. Same could be said for fish, eggs, chicken, etc.

Now, being a vegetarian there are some things you have to know. Since you don't eat meat, you have to take a lot of vitamins or eat something else that would take the place of the meat because without those vitamins, your body will be in a lot of pain and you won't look very good. Being a vegetarian is a lot of work. What are the healt benefits o being one, I really can't say. I'm not a vegetarian.

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am against animal cruelity but I will eat meat.

I don't think people should have to be vegetarains unless they choose too.

Our body needs certain amounts of proteins and etc. We wouldn't be able to just become vegetarains we would have to adjust.

Here is some food for thought. Sorry about the pun. Meat not only contains protein it also contains saturated fat and cholesterol, which have been linked to various health concerns. Plus when meat isn't preparred properly there is the possiblity of a foodborne illness. Such contamination usually arises from improper handling, preparation or storage of food. Many of us probably have had food posioning before. How many can recall having it after eatting a salad?

10. Qarion-kun

Qarion-kun New Member

If we would all sudenly choose to become vegetarians that would only cause a lot of suffering to the animals, because we would either need to kill a lot of them or there would be a huge over population and they would die from starvation...

11. machettesword20

machettesword20 New Member

oops

OOPS! Sry about that...i must have hit the send button two many times..or shall i say three many times lol didnt mean to! First of all...most of you are right...we have to eat meat to get the vitamins and protien, and also...if we were all vegiterians, than yes! There would be an over population in animals. We would prob. end up killing them...but it is better to kill them and eat the meat, than to kill them and not eat their meat, just because we want to be vegiterians. So, if we killed them so they didnt become over populated(and did not eat the meat) than that would be cruel to them. It would almost be like people killing animals now...and just leaveing them to the coyotes! (in other words: killing them for the fun of it)

THIS TIME...i will not post 3 times lol

1 person likes this.
  12. LilyRose

LilyRose Pocky Junkie

I've been a vegetarian for a long time, I don't take vitamin tablets and i'm healthy.
    I suppose you eat a lot more vegatables than most people.

13. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

There are multiple reasons why mankind should not be vegetarians.

Here's two:

Incisors, Canines.

We've evolved in a way that makes us able to dig into and tear meat. And any argument for animal cruelty is foolishness because they euthanize the animals in most cases. The same way one would euthanize a dog or cat.

Additionally, if cutting something out of the food web causes exstensive complications, then wouldn't the overpopulation of something else cause problems? And couldn't a huge population of some animal eat another population into extinction, thus causeing more problems? It's a delicate balance.

In addition, can we refrain from bringing God into debates? Especially about animals. Any reasonable person can see the obvious truth of evolution. God didn't put the animals hear, millenia of evolution did.

14. Merrick

Merrick New Member

We are biologically designed to eat both meat and vegetables and that's just the way things are. Pretty much every living thing on the planet is made to either eat or be eaten, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. That's my view on the subject anyway.

15. Fushigi Rockna

Regarding vitamin supplements...this thought just occured to me, aren't those TESTED on animals!?
    All medicine pratically is, aren't vitamin supplements too?

Personally, I'm more against animal testing (esp with make up. Medicine I can understand, but testing make up on animals isn't right imo) and I think that should be more of a concern than whether or not we should be vegetarians. (but there was a thread here about animal testing already =P)

All life depends on other life....

16. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

What can I say? I loathe vegetables. Like, I can't eat them. I can't even deal with onions or lettuce. I avoid it all because I will actually gag it up. So, I dunno what to say on whether or not it's the right thing, it's just not for me.

17. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

yea sure why not be a vegietarian but you need protein and that stufff but if your vegan thats nasty but i would get tieerd of eat salad over and over again but sure why not be healthy yay healthy!!

18. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

To tell you the truth Luffy you can much of the protein you need form vegtables... In example the soy bean provides more protein then many cuts of red meat at the same weight. I vouch for both sides of this arguement seeing that there are good reasons for both. My point is we ARE omnivores and that allows us to dictate where we get our nutrients. We are an intelligent race and being either a vegetarian or meat eater would be possible with the advancements we have in technology these days. Its the balance that trully counts. Too many vegetarians and the vegtable growth in the world would start to desingrate and destroy the balance of the earths ecosystem; And if there are too many pure meat eaters then the animals that grace our lands would start to dissappear. Its all in the sense of balance. Thats why we, as humans, are omnivores so that we can keep control of the ecosystem (we arent doing too bad now people... lol) and to prevent the worl dform caving in on itself....

~ H (Wert lol I sooo stole it an im keepin it! :anime: )

19. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I've been a vegetarian for more than 6 months now. it's not for everyone.
    so i wouldn't say being a vegetarian is for everyone.