Video Games The 4th Coming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by That guy!, Jun 14, 2002.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I seem to have stumbled on something that looks really cool! It's called the 4th coming and it's an online Role Playing game, like Ultima Online or Everquest... but it's free. I'm going to check it out and maybe you guys can too to see whatcha think ;)

http://www4.buttonware.net/t4c/t4c_dlp012.php

Oh, another cool online RPG that Chibi Meg introduced me to is Furcadia at http://www.furcadia.com/ , it's a lot like Ultima Online... but you go around as animals. I wonder if there is an anime based online RPG though, that would be cool.

2. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

So has anyone gotten it? Is it good? Does it make your computer slow? (Mine may be a bit slower than other people's. That's why I ask. :blush: ^^)

Erm… What else… Oh. Does it take up a lot of memory? I'm checking it out (it's calling out to me, guys… It's saying "DOWNLOAD ME…" in that creepy Eeva Leena/Elia "FIND ME…" way… (Candidate for Goddess references) ^^; :D)

I'm not clicking it yet (cuz it's a .exe ^^; Hehe)… until someone unscares me… ^^ Thanks!

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

The site is pretty...well...undetailed. Leaves a lot ot be desired, mainly.

As for the mention of Furcadia, I gave it a try before...but after about 5 minutes I had to say, "What's the point?"

It's pretty much a visual chat room....

...but is this thing any more than that?

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

ahh good...someone else thoguht that about furcadia...lol and yeah...that other pace scres me too...no screen shot or anythign...just 3 download links....

5. That guy!

I'm just waiting for the return e-mail to say that my account was authorized... those always take forever -.- zzzzzz

From the screenshots The 4th Coming doesn't look that bad, but I'm just waiting until I can get in then I'll review it I guess ;)

I sort of like Online RPG's when you can have quests... such as in Diablo 2. It can be fun to play Ultima Online games and so on when you find friends and chat and do whatever with them... and level up as well. But well it's good to have a plot in an RPG as well methinks... But in some games like Furcadia you can make up your own quests, like maybe have your friend run off somewhere and give you hints and you have to find him/her/it ;)

edit :doh! I put up the wrong page >.< baka That guy! you can find screens here : http://t4c.eacceleration.com/

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

ahh good, someone else thought that about this site...:)

Hey, Guy, do you have another link or something...? I missed the screenies somewhere between the title and "Click here to d/l"...:D

7. That guy!

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

*cough*

"Your account will start with a free 30 day free trial.

Each account will only Cost $10 US dollars per quarter (3 months). You may pay for as many quarters in advance as you like."

Looks cool besides that minor catch. I'm not a fan of MMORPG's because of this sort of thing...although I can understand their viewpoint as it takes money to develop and maintain such environments...

I'm still gonna hold out for Neverwinter Nights myself....come on BioWare....make me proud....:)

9. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Mkay, that settles it. I'm not downloading it. ^^; I'd rather get EverQuest anyway… ^^;; But that one's probably even more expensive. (Angel of Light said tey raised the price again…)

10. That guy!

*sigh* I'm feeling so bakatastic today :(

I didn't see that, thanks a bunch for pointing that out BakaMattSu ^__^x And I can see that maintaining those types of things can cost money as well... I should try to get my hands on Ultima Online, it's only $5 a month now.