Naruto The Anime VS Manga

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Mar 29, 2004.

?

Naruto Anime or Manga?

1. Anime only

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Manga only

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Both Anime and Manga

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Do you prefer to read the manga or watch the anime? or do both?

I prefer to watch the anime, because I have tried to read the manga, and there are some scenes that are more clearer when shown in animation. Like Gaara's Uncle. I though he was Gaara's aunt :sweat:. I'm too lazy to read the manga.. +_+

2. Aelonil

Aelonil New Member

i know, i feel the manga is unclear at moments, and i get frustrated during "action" scenes, but the manga is very good, and i cheat on the anime and read ahead in the manga too.. >_<

3. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

Hmm . . . I thought they were very much alike but I'm more of an anime person.

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I really like the manga, but I prefer the anime so much more. The animators have put so much effort into being true to the story and even adding in more fight scenes/ or moves! Sometimes its hard figuring out what has happened in the fights due to the quick movements. for example, recently the fight between the azure beast and the fifth of sound. so ya. anime all the way here.

5. HeavyPowerMetal

HeavyPowerMetal New Member

I love both the anime and manga so it's a tie for me

6. Yugi_Boy

Yugi_Boy New Member

I like them both.

But I prefer the anime. Mostly because the fight scenes look so much cooler. hehehe... :bleed:

7. Christabel

Christabel New Member

I voted for both, coz I hate tteh fillers in the anime. But I much prefer to watch the action scenes in the animes.

8. Shenlong

Shenlong New Member

I don't really watch the anime, due to BitTorrent being annoying (aka not working) and being too much of a hassle to watch. The manga, I think, is better, because its basically the anime in its fullest form. Plus, the manga is ahead of the anime, which is always a plus for me.

9. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Well, I'm currently reading the manga. I completely and utterly despise the terrible, crappy job Shonenjump has done of attempting to translate the series. *grumble* If I go and watch the series now, it takes the bang out of the manga and kills the suspense. The manga really inspires me, dunno why... so whenever I finish the manga, I can move on to the splendor of the series. Though I usually liek the manga better. We shall see. ^^

10. 13_Jesalae

13_Jesalae New Member

:cool: The anime is more detailed & explanatory. Yet, I enjoy studying different drawing styles, so i flip thru the Manga, occasionally...

11. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Anime certanily has a feel to it when watching it the first time, but so does Manga.

What I would much rather prefer, is for the Manga to be different than the Anime, like Kodocha or FullMetal Alchemist.

That way, I could set my own pace for some. The first duo I made was Love Hina, and that was a terrible dissapointment, since after episode 25, it sucked.

Kodocha however is better since in the Anime, Sana Kurata's more hyper and spunky, and in the manga she's more hyper and freaky!

-Seishin

12. 13_Jesalae

13_Jesalae New Member

Well, I'd say I prefer the anime, yet I rather enjoy studying the fight scene- drawing techniques:bleed2: , & the manga is good for that. :anime: [I study fight scenes because I love to draw manga]:p

13. 13_Jesalae

13_Jesalae New Member

My god, I posted the same thing twice, didn't I? *heh* Sorry 'bout that!:sweat:

14. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I am so tempted to say the Manga. Just because it is taking so DAMN long to start 3 years later. I have heard months now.

But I like side stories. Sometimes they build onto the story.

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Well, I "prefer" the manga. I'm just more of a manga person anyway.

16. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I like animated series than manga, but after Naruto, it changed my mind 180 degrees. They went way out of the manga and made it kiddish, even though it looks kiddish to begin with (aside the bloody scenes).

I stopped checking out the anime since i got tired of wasting my limited bandwidth for fillers/side storied rather than the second season..

(the same goes for bleach.. sadly)

17. supakawaii_jazi

supakawaii_jazi New Member

id say i prefer anime over manga...just a little....manga is cool though. ^.^