Neon Genesis Evangelion The big question... ****SPOILERS****

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by kitty-ko, Feb 5, 2004.

1. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

Sorry if this has been done already, but I wanna here everyone's theories on who shot Kaji. It really bugs me :anime: I think maybe Misato, don't ask me why I can't explain!

2. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Havent really thought about it... Anno did once say (& is probably posted on this forum somewhere if not the old forum "Angel eyes") that it wasnt a main charactor in the cast, but this wasnt quoted in a newslatter or something so i dunno... i'll think about it as soon as i get my Dvd's back *Sits patiently by door*

3. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

it was Misato

4. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I don't think it was Misato, she loved him to much. I think it was either Gendo or one of Nerv securty under Gendo's command.

5. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I can say with almost complete confidence that it was not Misato. She was far too upset by his death, and the fact that she knew he was going to die. Also, it wouldn't make much sense in terms of the story; she loved him, and allied with him in his quest for the truth, as was evident by what he left her. It was done most likely by Nerv people(under orders of Gendo), or possibly by Seele.

6. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

"You're late."

*blam*

Now who is often late for appointments? Also, the fact of how much she cried when she heard the message on her machine after he was killed

7. kitty-ko

kitty-ko New Member

*nods* that was part of my theory, it had to be someone he knew fairly well with that greeting. That and when she say "He won't call here again." to Shinji snd Asuka so calmly. She also had a gun with her right afterwards if i remember correctly. She put a gun to his head before he went to see Lilith and she's very devoted to her job.

I guess we'll never know though eh? *shrug*

Kitty

8. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

I thought it was someone from NERV. I haven't watched it in a while, though. But I was 100% sure it was not Misato. Back then.

9. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

Makes you think, I all ways thought it was Misato, I mean to me all signs point to it.

10. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I hope she didn't, but it could very well possibly be her. Doesn't one of the movies show or tell you??

11. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

'fraid not. That would be nice though :D But then we'd have nothing to talk about here.

Personally, i wonder if even Gainax knows. Maybe they just put it together like that without actually deciding themselves.

12. Josh The Blade

Josh The Blade New Member

you know i just joined and that samee question pesters me every day

13. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

*chuckle* It seems that would explain a lot about Evangelion. XD There's just so much in it that no one is sure about...

Eesh, I gotta watch the series again, it's been a few years. o_O This topic makes me wonder, now...

1 person likes this.
  14. surreallemming

surreallemming New Member

It was either Pen-Pen, he has the evil eyes.
    Or shinji, as he saw kaji "doing" misato, his "mother Figure". What would you do if you saw someone porking your mom??? :blush:

15. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Lose my bet on how quickly he could get into her pants.

1 person likes this.
  16. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

It could always be just some random hitman\assassasin, its just best not to think about the subject too much...

17. Shinji_Ikari2k4

Shinji_Ikari2k4 New Member

has anyone ever considered ritsuko she is gendo's lover, is overly devoted to the evangelian project and also may contribute to her breakdown in the rei chamber?

This is a guess mind you apparently there may be answers in the eva 2 game?

18. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

She is a doctor, not a field ops agent. Looking past the fact that killing somone would be against her hypocritical oath, she would not be trained well enough if kaji resisted. So I can pretty much assuredly say that you're wrong.

19. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i definatly don't think it was misato.
    they took her gun.
    at least in the manga a nerv person took her gun
    i can't recall who who took her gun.
    i do not think it was mmisatoo because she loved him.
    bye ^_^

20. Evanji

Evanji New Member

I believed it was obviously Misato who shot him. Kaji told Misato he was a secret agent who worked for SEAL. I don't remember what NERV was thinking about SEAL, but in "The End of Evangelion", SEAL attacked NERV's headquarter. I think Misato was able to shoot Kaji, because he had given secret information from NERV to SEAL. Misato fought strongly for NERV until her death. It was her job. She shot Kaji, but she regretted it. When she was listening to the phone machine, she missed him and started to cry. Misato loved him, but I guess it is pretty easy to pull the trigger. She shot three SEAL guys in the head without hesitating in "The End of Evangelion". If I am wrong, Kaji may got executed by a NERV guy. But it really doesn't matter, does it?