Trigun The cat....

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by k0gepan, Dec 10, 2002.

1. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

Okay, do u all know the cat I speak of? the pointless little kitty who shows up sometimes. With the big green eyes?? WHAT IS THE POINT?! It just drives me insane....i mean, it's cute and all.....but.....Is it to add to the general humor, or just....there??! someone please help me out. I love Trigun....it's just that cat....*mutter*

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The cat is Trigun, Trigun is The Cat...

Within without, wheels within wheels...

Seriously its just *there*, as far as I can tell (with a might 3 eps under my belt) for no apparant reason.. other than to sell cute dolls.

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

That cat is named Kuroneko which is japanese for Black Cat. I'm not sure but that cat actually appears in another anime and the creator or Madhouse decided to put him/her/it on every episode of Trigun. Of course I'm not too sure of it and eventually a person who has more knowledge on Trigun could clarify on this.

4. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

okay, i thought it was just me...but, i thought i saw something similar to it in Noir as well.....

5. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

The cat was there to sort of lower the tension in a scene.One example is when Vash and Wolfwood were having a serious conversation and Vash dissapeared and the cat was in his place and Wolfwood says something like "You can turn into a cat too?!?".Its just there to add humor.

Im not sure if its been in any other series,but I dont think it has.Im pretty sure the cat isnt in the manga either.

BTW: Did the cat appear in the last episode?I didnt see him in that one....

6. c0ke

c0ke New Member

The cat doesn't appear until the end credits of the last episode

7. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I had the same question. I though I have missed something about the cat.. Does it symbolize something? I mean some people excluding me believe that black cats are bad luck or something like that....

after a referring to a couple of sites at animeturnpike

okay this is a shrine dedicated to the cat...
    http://members.tripod.com/~pikafreak2002/kuroneko/kuroneko.html

and this is what is says about the cat

8. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

ah, so Kaneda was right? Kaneda=official kitty information booth. heh. It's not the same cat in noir, I have found out. Although, same idea I am thinking. And it's only in one episode, soooo.....mleh. Oh well, just another of those anime quirks we all know and love.

9. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Well, I don't know about the validity of this, but if it is true, it's likely that it's Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service, they seem pretty similar. Only differnce is Jiji talks. He's cool. As is kuroi neko. Ma ne.

10. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Well as far as I know the 'black cat' represents nothing in particular and is always ignored in 'Trigun' (I think) which probably means its nothing much more than an icon for humour and something to make the audience recognise and suspect on.

"To-tal slaughter... to-tal slaughter... I won't leave a single man alive. La la la loo la, genoci-i-ide. Lee lee loo lee loo, an ocean of blood. Let's be-gin the killing time!"

11. Inu-luffer

Inu-luffer New Member

i have no clue why its there but its way funny, and that makes the show even more funny.:D

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I'll take back that the cat is always ignored. He wasn't ignored when Wolfwood and Vash was in the cafe.

And yea...It's quite funny that it appears randomly at the most tense or sad moment of an episode

"To-tal slaughter... to-tal slaughter... I won't leave a single man alive. La la la loo la, genoci-i-ide. Lee lee loo lee loo, an ocean of blood. Let's be-gin the killing time!" - 'Quote' - Vash The Stampede

13. Paladin

Paladin New Member

well, here's my thought

notice that in a scene with a lot of action, he appears. I think that this is because the artist got lazy and didn't want to draw a bunch of things breaking. kinda like smoke -- simple to draw and takes up space

edit--he also seems to make for easy transitions between scenes

14. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

you mean kuroneko-sama? gosh I hate when people call him black cat... he has a name.. *sniff* and i think hes vashs little guardian angel. Just a thought

15. Shigatsu

Shigatsu New Member

in the manga

o.o actually he is in the manga. i think i saw him a few times during the story. and the artist talks to him at the end.

16. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

The cat isn't really anything out of the ordinary. It barely gets any attention what so ever. So techinally he just plan ignored by people.

17. Vatina

Vatina New Member

He is just there, in every episode. No real meaning, just for the fun of it :p And I kind of like him, even though he isn't the most beautiful cat I have seen ^_^;;

He isn't always ignored - there is one time where he even scratches Vash (or is it bites?) I thought it was so cruel :p Just showed how everyone seemed to hate Vash at that point in the story

And here is something irrelevant that I find funny.....:
    My onii-san (big brother if someone should be in doubt) goes to a unirversity, and is part of a writers club there. He was writing a story for the club, and asked me to proof-read it - and he had put a little surprise in it for me :p He knows I love Trigun, and in one of the scenes in the story, a black cat with big eyes suddenly walks by, saying "meeeooooow".

It makes as little sense as in the anime, but it was a really funny scene, especially because that cat gives a funny reaction to the characters (it is the trigger for the grand shoot-out between the SWATS and the hostage taker) But especially because I know that no-one who reads this story will understand that cat, except for me :D

Yay he made a dedication to me and my anime obsession ^_^

18. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I think it's a combination of an additional funny thing into Trigun series and an excuse to make cute dolls and sell them :p

But seriously, I find it funny that this cat appears whenever and wherever in the series.. kind of irritating if you think about it bit deeper.. o.0

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Cat, to Vash: "Whenever, wherever, we were meant to be together"

:p Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Maybe it was his cat at some point, and it follows him around? Or maybe it's just the cat from that other song...