RPG Archives The chat room adventues...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloodberry, Jun 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

umm..was thinking about it the other day with someppl in the chat room(you know who you are) and was wondering what ppl would think to trying a pen & paper rpg in the forum. i'm figuring out the new star wars stuff lots better than i thought i would(playing once every couple weeks helps too) and wanted to try maybe running one on here...i have ideas as to how to run it...just finding a good play to ref ppl to for stuff....but that won;'t be hard...*^-^* and thought? interest? questions?

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

With actual rules and stats and rolls and everything?

Intriguing...if you can find a workaround for all that rolling involved. The reason all my forum RPGs work as interactive stories is that all the waiting for die roll posts and checks would slow things down an awful lot, not to mention that they also clutter up the boards...

I have definite interest in being part of it...let's hear your ideas on how you'd run it?

BakaMattSu, wondering if he misinterpreted the whole thing...and it's a chat game rather than board...:p

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, it'd e a bit of chat and of board...cause chat won't work all the time...

for rolling, was thinking either i can do it for everyone(heh) or my bf suggested trying to find a site that would roll for you and let everyone see the roll...just need to find it...

yeah with the new rules(d20 system not the d6 one...i hated that one...). the new stuff isn't that hard...which is what i hated about the old one...
    as for characters, i'd like to know what ppl wanted to try. i'll post a list of all classes eventually....i only have the light side characters with me now(he has the new revised rulebook and the dark side book)...was thinking just a quick run through a plot...lol
    pretty much running wise, i would want the players to post their character name in the subject line for each post they do...ooc character posted in a seperate thread, and really private stuff emailed to me.i'll figure out a time limit to posting so that i can keep things moving at a pace of some sort...depends on ppl really...and if i think it's going a bit long.*^-^*
    post what you are going to try to do. i'll tell you the roll if you need to know...(those can be put into posts just use () and say ooc in it...) i mean, what needs to be rolled...tho i do plan on having ppl send me copies of stats...i'll find a copy of the sheets somewhere,....if not, i'll just scan em in...

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

here's some classes...(i didn't want the last post to be too huge or anything...i'm paranoid like that) multiclassing will be interesting....lol

Light classes
    Fringer; noble; scoundrel; scout; soldier; force adept; jedi consular; jedi guardian
    darkside (the ones i remember)
    force witch; Hand; sith apprentice( i think); dark lord

i can't remember all the dark side ones and the new class they added to light side...the jedi stuff will need some good backgrounds worked out to be allowed those...(higher than a force adept)

[edit] the fringer, noble, scoundrel, scout, soldier, and force adept are pretty much level 1 starting classes...you have to be a certain level(10000 exo actually) to multi class...[/edit]--6/18

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Well, a bunch of us have tried setting up online rping before, so we did find a few dice rolling, etc. applets. I at least know that AIM Chats have built in dice rolling...but there should be alternatives. In any case, if you want to "roll" for me, I have no problems with it.

You can multiclass in the new Star Wars? Coolness.

I tend to favor playing the Fringe myself, though I argue with them being categorized as Light or Dark, since they're really neither, right? And then of course, to work towards the ulimate prestige of Bounty Hunting. Yeah, I like hunting down scum for profit. :D

That said, I'd love to be part of this. I'm already "in the mood".

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i agree about the light side dark side thign.....it depends on how you play them. rolling is ok like that then...just want to give ppl the otion...like if ya wanted to roll for yourself, just be honest and it's fine*^-^*

7. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I'd be willing to participate. As long as teh rules were kind of hurled at me as I went along. I haven't played the star wars RPG before.

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

that'd be no prob...(hurling rules that is) i could once i get it finished, load up the little thing i'm doing for chris, and like it in my sig so that it can be looked at also so everyone can see what does what for the most asked about stuff...(like what certain abilities and feats do...that kinda thing)

9. Viper

Viper Guest

wow this sounds like a great idea B-Berry, i wouldnt mind taking part, could i be the aprentice, i would be the dark lord but its to easy when yeh powerful and all lol.
    great idea, oh and the same here about the rules. k.
    i've rated this thread "best"

10. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

11. Viper

Viper Guest

wow thats great when shall we start.

12. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

[gangsta_mode03] Yo yo id be down fo this shizzle [/gangsta_mode03]

But yeah...id be happy to partake in this, it sounds really coo ^_^=
    Can i be a Dark Templa..wait, star wars...not star craft....hmm...Go expendable stromtrooper! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.