Square Enix The Chrono Trigger Symphonic Is Out

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wertitis, Mar 14, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

And by the looks of it, it's been out for quite a while.

Ok, I know only a few people are going to actually read this and give two damns, but I'll post it up anyway. For die hard Chrono Trigger fans who don't know about this, it's not something you want to miss out on.

Chrono Symphonic is a fan generated arrangement collaboration on a professional level. They have taken the major, musical pieces from Chrono Trigger and re-worked them into stunning orchestral compositions. You wouldn't know these were from Chrono Trigger unless you actually played or someone flat out told you. Whole release feels professional, and absolutely fantastic. It's like Square Enix actually re-released the Chrono Trigger soundtrack to a full string orchestra.

The best part?

-It's absolutely free-

You can download the entire soundtrack here at http://chrono.ocremix.org

I can't say enough about this, you need to hear it to believe it. If you loved Chrono Trigger then this album is right up your alley. w00t for the strong fan base behind Chrono Triggs, and for the guys who took the time to bring this project together.

For the record, "Schala and the Queen" off this album is brilliant. pixietricks has a beautiful voice.

~W

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

OCRemix is an awesome site, and I was extremely happy with the direction the Chrono Symphonic took. Not as good as the Metroid One Girl project, but...it was tasteful.

Check out all the complete projects that OCRemix has to offer, it'll be good aural lessons for anyone!

Oh, and *if* by chance anyone just browses the regular OCRemix site out...get mostly anything by McVaffe, he does great work.

Oh, and get Xintro in the Mega Man X pile...awesome acoustic licks...not real, but it sounds great.