The cross shape scar Kenshin carries came from Tomoe, correct?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Ice_blue_eyes, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Yo, hey, I've been wondering. I know quite a few details on how Kenshin received his scar. But does anyone know more then the fact that Tomoe caused Kenshin his scar?! '_-X :anime:

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

She causes the cross scar. The second one, to be exact.

The first, the longer slash, was caused by her fiance who was killed by Kenshin.

Supposedly (as far as Seishousen [sp] went, that it'd disappear when he's been forgiven or he's fulfilled what he promised Tomoe.

She cuts Kenshin's face over the scar caused by her husband as a sign that Kenshin should keep striving towards his goal. I think. Gensai probably knows more about it.

3. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

hey, is Hitokiri_Gensai on?

Yeah true, so after Tomoe causes the last slash of the scar Kenshin becomes a ruouni, right?

4. Chibi Sango

Chibi Sango New Member

yea Izzy got it right on the money. but kenshin was supposed to assignate (sp?) her finance and Tomoe was assigned to hang around kenshin. and yes he does become a rurouni after that because the only reason why Tomoe gave him that other part of the cross is either A) She finds out he killed her fiance. or B) he killed her and she found out about A. i don't really know. :dizzy2: :catgirl: :anime:

5. Christabel

Christabel New Member

There's a lot of debate about the meaning of the scar Tomoe gave Kenshin. Initially my opinion was that it would actually heal his old one by getting rid of the hatred. But the best one I came across with so far was that it's part of a rememberance Tomoe left for Kenshin before her death.

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

the first was given to him in a fight againt Kiyosato Akira. the second came from Tomoe while she was dying in Kenshin's arms im not even going to try to debate why she gave it to him.

7. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Yes,Yes, true

Yeah, I totally agree with Hitokiri_Gensai. I remebered that Kenshin's first slash across his cheek was made by Kiyosato Akira ( even if I don't exactly remember who he is) and that the second one was made by Tomoe because she was trying to protect Kenshin from somebody and got killed. Her dagger fell out and finnished the cross shaped scar on Kenshin's cheek. Hehe... that's all I really know. :sweat: :sweat2: :sweat:

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

It didn't "fall out" and make the scar.

Tomoe willingly created it.

9. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

In the Tsukiohen OVA she willingly makes it and he lets her because he knows he was responsile for her death. now in the Manga she falls backwards and while falling cuts open his cheek.

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hahaha, seem to have forgotten there's a manga. LOL.

I'm not a big big fan of Kenshin...I, however, love the OAV...so that's the only kenshin experience I really have.

Sorry.