Neon Genesis Evangelion the end of evangelion (a few spoilers)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Akane Tendo, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Akane Tendo

Akane Tendo New Member

hi i just finished watching all the evangelion eps and movies about a week ago and i hoped you would be able to help me understend the end of the 2 movie because it really confueses me and i didn't understand the part in the end why just asuka and shinji survived and why she said "how disgusting"
    PLEASE help me!!

2. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

Here is a good reference thread for how Auska was at that point (well I think it's a fairly good, and reasonable, theory): Why are her eyes brown?!

Anyway, as far as I can tell, It looks like Auska remembered everything about what she learned when everyone was part of that one great being.
    When she was part of it, she would have known about how Shinji had, somehow managed to have, gotten white sticky stuff on his hands in the hospital ;).
    Going on Auskas normal reactions, "how disgusting" would seem to be one of the things you'd expect her to say , especially with the tone of voice she used (in the subbed version), to Shinji once she found out.

Thats my 2c :)....

3. Akane Tendo

Akane Tendo New Member

tnx!! that really helped me!!:)

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There's also speculation that "How disgusting", is actually the way Anno felt due to making the movie for the Japanese audience. Personally, I, and he himself for that matter, think that the TV ending was perfect in its execution, and didn't need to be explained through a movie. The movie was amazing, I kid you not, but it wasn't really needed. So, Anno just pretty much has Asuka say his feeling about the movie.

Also, I don't know what the official release says, but there are also three to four different lines that people translate it as. There's, "I feel sick," and, "How disgusting". Yeah. Heh.

5. Akane Tendo

Akane Tendo New Member

it seems he really does have a sens of humore:D

6. Vahal

Vahal New Member

although it was a cool movie, it messed with my head too much for me to realize everything that was odd...except one thing:
    why did shinji sit and let asuka die? he heard her on the radio, but he still just sat there.

7. She said how disguisting because he couldn't finish the job, remeber he stops after she caresses his cheek and then he starts sobbing like the Shinji he is and she says how disguisting because he couldn't finish it. And no she isn't a mixture, go to gainax and email them yourself, it is the lighting of the scene plus its night thats why her eyes are like that and she got those injuries from the former battle even though it is strikingly similar to Rei, if you look in the backround Rei's messed up arm is in the backround.

8. Mao Mo Lin

Mao Mo Lin New Member

the 'how disgusting' part i believe is the authors feeling about the movie. remember that this guy got death threats for the funny end to the series (out of which he posted excerts in the movie).

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Aargh.,. I heard something completely different about the two versions of the ending. I heard they wanted to do something like the movie for the TV ending, but were told they couldn't put that on television and had to scrap it. Strapped for time, they threw together the last two tv eps: easy to animate, and as a way to say "this is what you get if you don't let us do our thing." Then they did their thing as they had wanted in the movie..

So, I had always thought the movie was the way the end was originally intended to be.. I'll try to find something to back that up if you do the same :D

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I actualy originaly heard what Otaru said, but I heard what everyone else said more often, so I decided they were probably right. But come to think of it, I think that I head that EoE was the proper ending from a more reliable source. Maybe it's a mixture of the two.

11. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

They made the movie because the last two eps were confusing for those who watched it in Japan for the 24 weeks you had an amazing action packed anime then you have two eps that were poorly drawn and action free. It is like something that Fox does they have a great show that get cancelled in a few weeks(Banzia,Andy Ricter,(I loved those shows :( :mad: )ect.) but unlike Fox they actually got death threaths (you see them at the begining of End of Eva Thats why they mad it

12. sadakoluvsu

sadakoluvsu New Member

hey all.

I've heard that Anno once said that Asuka's "how disgusting" could infact be a reference to morning sickness... theres something to think about.

13. Vatina

Vatina New Member

Well, when I saw it I just thought of it as Asuka's usual disgust towards Shinji. She thinks he's disgusting and weak because he sits there and cries and sobs all over the place. And, well, he tried to strangle her.... the "I feel sick" could mean the same thing, that she feels sick over him or something like that. Well, I just think that it is a strange time to worry about morning sickness, but maybe that's just me ^_^;;

And no, I don't really trust the "merging" idea with the brown eyes