Movies The Excorcism of Emily Rose

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sabrina, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

I just got back from seeing this movie the second time...this time only because I had nothing else to do and there were no good movies playing. I had really high expectations for this movie and it didn't exactly meet them unfortunately. I thought that the parts of the excorcism that were actually shown were very well done, but I had no idea that most of the movie would actually be about the trial of Richard Moore. Oh well...at least you learn some foriegn languages and how to succesfully prove possesion.
    -Sabrina

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

it didn't look like a good movie. and now that you say that im glad that im choosing not to see it.

3. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

During the movie we went there and everyone was laffing at it.

when i went to watch it half my grade was there is was crazy 2 rows got kicked out and before the previews started the usher told us to behave

4. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

kids at my school wre saying how stupid it was...so...i guess I shouldn't see this movie? It's hard to find good horror movies these days. sheesh!

-Krystine

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

if your old enough go Watch Saw II

6. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

from what everyone said about it the movie is not that good so I probably won't see it or if i'm board out of my mind I may watch it or watch the dvd of rose red again

7. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I saw it... I was SO disappointed. I wanted to go to a scary movie... this didn't even build up my suspense! And it totally made it self out to be a horror flick with the freaky previews. Atleast the original exorcist was shocking, and that was made in 73. You'd think by now they'd have enough technology to make it even more believeable.
    Instead, it was all about this trial of a priest. Those scenes were very dry, and took up like 60% of the movie. Then it just kind of stopped at the end, it didn't really conclude very well.
    There's my blamming of EER.

8. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Saw it. Kinda weird but mostly stupid. The only cool part was when they were in the barn and talking about he devil and stuff.

9. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

I'm the loner this time. I actually enjoyed watching it. I'm not very religious either. It's interesting and has it's moments. I thought it was fun to watch. It's not a four star Oscar nominee, but I think it was worth my money. I'd see it again! :3

~W

10. Dante

Dante New Member

People are just too difficult to please anymore... and yet... they're pleased with The Exorcist.

11. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

What i think made this movie most disappointing was that the previews showed all of the possession parts and none of the Trial parts which made everyone think it would be like The Exorcist. I think if people knew what they were going in to see, it would have been less of a let down.

12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

i don't get this movie been out ages like a year and it's still playing at the cienma