Saber Marionette The exits of Hanagata

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by InuYasha, Mar 22, 2002.

1. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Okay,so I'm pulling a BMS here....

Of all the exits that Hana-ko has made (whether voluntary or forced by certain overly violent marionettes) which has been the funniest? And what Hanagata exit line is your favorite?

InuYasha - feeling a bit odd today...

2. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

I still like the way he always gets kicked out...but heres some of my favs..

-Episode 1 of J to X...( or was it 2? o.o) When he went through the wall....after Cherry kicked him...and he flew into "Hanagata's Store"

-Episode 6 or J...When he was explaining about the thing with the logs..."But with 2 longs all together..." Bloodberry smashs the logs and blows dust on him...his mouth drops..."Until next time!!!"

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You're pulling a WHAT?

Hmmm....drawing a blank...I'll get back to you on this one...:D

BakaMattSu, Too much Initial D Music?

4. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

As the President of SFPCAHM ("Spiff-cam"), the Society For the Prevention of Cruelty Against Hanagata Mitsurugi, I must preface my comments with the following disclaimer: Hanagata Mitsurugi is a human being and therefore deserves all the rights of any anime character to be treated with respect, tolerance, and decency.

Now that I've said it...

>>

<<

My favorite Hanagata exit had to be

SPOILER FOR J TO X

When Otaru was fighting those goons in the Xi'an underworld and Hanagata threw himself at them to protect him and ended up falling over the wall and into a truck. It was such a funny and yet dignified exit that Spiff-cam gave it official approval.

>>

<<

Okay, I also liked it when he got thrown into the Hanagata store, but that's beside the point *L*

~ Lady Aoi

5. c0ke

c0ke New Member

My fav. Hanagata exit has to be from episode 8.

When Cherry kicks Hanagata for nosing around when she has that baby.

6. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I quote:

"Shi-ra-ta-" *gets punched by Lime and Bloodberry* "-KIIIIIIIIIII~~~~"

^______^ I LOVE that! ^_^

7. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

And the whole thing with the rice bucket in J Again was pretty amusing, too. A simple exit (being punched by Otaru and then having the lid closed on him), but a memorable one.

J Again is my least favorite series because it has so little Hana for one's buck.

*pets Hanagata* There, there, sweetling...

8. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

From Saber Marionette J to X, episode 8 “Cherry’s Temporary Motherhood”

Cherry: Excuse me! (Kicks Hanagata, sending him flying into air)

Hanagata: (in flight) How can you be excused?!

From Saber Marionette J to X, episode 9 “The Forest, an Iron Ball, and Everybody”

Hanagata: (showing the picture of “The Super Rotating Otaru”, eyes closed) Everyone’s stunned with deep appreciation. Yes, I understand. This is the power of art.

Hanagata: (opens eyes and sees Lime near himself, with a mixture of sadness and anger upon her face) Oh, yes… It has even moved you to tears!

[Scene shifts to Hanagata flying through apartment’s roof with incredible speed]

Hanagata: (in flight) Art takes off like a rocket!

From Saber Marionette J to X, episode 11 “Redemption of Otaru the Man”

Hanagata: (firing fireworks charges at Goddel’s mobile fortress, while it is actively returning fire) You can’t hit me like that! It’s already decided that the heroes will win! (The beam from Goddel’s mobile fortress strikes very closely to Hanagata, sending him flying into air)

Hanagata: (in flight) I guess that’s it for today!

9. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

JAgain

I liked the episode in JAgain where the girls mention a party, and Hanako comes up disguised as some swan, and the Saber Dolls grab him and stuff him into the drawers.

Some feathers fly.

Another good one is (don't remember the chapter) when he's disguised as a Ninja, popping up from the rotating wall. Then Cherry hits him back, and he rotates again off the scene.

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I remember that one. That was Episode 3 of J Again, and it was Bloodberry who punched him.

11. luvweaver

Hey! Perhaps one of you guys could extract all the beatings from the DVD's, and make a video about it!

It would be called (to respect the tradition) "The indestructible Shirataki man". Don't know, we could make it an AMV. :p

12. Reisti Skalchaste

That would be fun to see. I would do it myself, but I have them in DVD only format, and my computer is too crappy to do much with anything.

Perhaps we could make it into a music video for one of his songs? Iyokan, perhaps? Or maybe Kuri Hiroi? Sennichite? All three?

I think Kuri Hiroi would work best, if only it were long enough. I mean, imagine him singing "Ja-po-ness Re-cu-re-a-tion" while being beat up. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

For those that don't understand, it's implying that the best form of recreation in Japoness is beating up Hanagata.

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

There's an idea I was gonna do a long time back, but then like so many projects I never found the time.

I was thinking of using some real crescendo hitting classic music for it to go with. That, and I was considering Tubthumping... :)

14. Reisti Skalchaste

But hey, why not use one of Hanagata's own songs for this little video? See my last post for details.

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Because I just find that doesn't work well with AMVs, using music from the same anime, that is. Too many elements from the same source, or some other factor I can't explain behind it.

That, and also the fact that Hanako's exits would fit best with some high-tempo because of how brief so many of them are. All three of his image songs seem too slow to work with.

16. luvweaver

How about "Another one bites the dust"? :D
    Or KISS, "I was made for loving you" (lol!!! The irony...)

OK guys, give ideas! :)

17. Reisti Skalchaste

You're right, BMS, non of Hanagata's songs fit the bill. So, I thought about it, and I came up with only two possible songs.

Here they are:
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers' song "Scar Tissue."
    and
    Savage Garden's "Break me, Shake me."

I think "Break me, Shake me" would be a good choice. It's fast-paced, with a lot of sharp notes, it's not heavy metal, and it has interesting lyrics.

"Scar Tissue," I'm not so sure about. It's interesting, and the lyrics kind of fit, but it's a bit too slow, and not really suitable.

Well, you have my two cents...er, songs, any others?

(reason for editing: Show off my new banner!)

18. luvweaver

Peter Schilling: Major Tom (u know, the phrases like "drifting", "falling", "coming home"). Just a suggestion.

19. Reisti Skalchaste

If no one's started this yet, perhaps we could use "The Baka Song," sung by Akane of Ranma 1/2? Or would that be a better song for our illustrious Administrator? (no offense intended)

Personally, I think the two best choices so far are Savage Garden's "Break Me, Shake Me" or "The Baka Song." It gets me laughing just thinking about it.