Full Metal Alchemist The FMA manga?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Fushigi Rockna

Seriously, has there not been a single thread made about the manga? For shame.

The anime and manga are quite different. In the beginning, they are very similar but each eventually branches off. I like both because of this. Reading the manga puts the series in a whole new light and is good for after you've finished the anime and want more. The art style is also rather differeant, and I find it's a love hate thing. I personally really like it, it's not as pretty as the anime, not that being pretty is a bad thing. Roy actually looks like he's about to turn 30 unlike in the anime for instance. (yes, he IS 29. It's stated in the manga once) He actually looks like an adult man with a lot of power rather than a pretty boy. XD

..........yet there are still times I wanna pinch his cheeks. Go figure.

Edward also looks his age. Rather than being cute, he actually looks like an adolescent. Winry gets even more aodrable tho. <3

Anyways, reason I made this thread up: I just bought a load of volumes this weekend. I only had 3 before, now I'm up to volume 10. Although I was aware of all the differences before hand, I'm still quite enjoying the manga. (haven't gotten through all my volumes yet)

I'm liking many of the differences tho. For example...
    from what I flipped through so far of volume 10, and what I already know, Lust's death is FAR cooler than it was in the anime. Like really. This ***** goes down causing alot of frickin' damage. She turns Havoc into a parapelgic(sp?) nearly kills both him and Roy, gets dozens of rounds fired into her by an emotional Riza, until she's finally incinerated enough times by Roy (who sealed his wounds up using FIRE. O-O HARDCORE *****ES) that she's dead.
    and...
    when Roy encounters Lust, he quickly asks her about Hughes. She says a comment about him being handsome I think before adding "I just wish I could've finished him off myself." In which Roy fires off a bullet into her leg faster than you can say "OH SHI-" Personally, I much prefer these reactions involving the death of Hughes. It just, he seems angrier and like he cares more. >3>

The one thing I don't like is Hughes' presence. It's very short lived as the you-know-what happens very early. You do however find out he was actually on the frontlines of Ishbal, which is pretty interesting~

Also, if you're gonna read the manga for anything, read it for LING. I won't say much about him, but basically the one thing every fan of the manga wished would've been in the anime, it's Ling and his crew. <3

Btw...it's still not over in Japan. The manga's still running strong.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I think there is about 74 chapters out.

So the manga is different from the anime huh?

Well then I will check it out.

3. Fushigi Rockna

Yup, much different. For instance, the homunculi. They have no desire to be human in the manga, and they're not failed human transmutations. They're...
    artificial humans, "golemns", that were all created by a man known only as 'Father' and have a philosopher's stone for a heart. It's the philosopher's stone that allows them to regenerate, but eventually it gives out and cracks and they die.

And then you have some different characters. Take Ling for instance. He's from a country that only appears in the manga known as Xing, based off China. He's not the only one from Xing, you have his body guards Ranfan and....what's his name XD....and then you have a girl from an entirely separate party named Mei-chan. (with her pet panda <3) You also have some different homunculi - Sloth and Pride are different and there's a new Greed later on. Envy's true form will scare you. o_o

Also, there's Armstrong's older sister. (NOT Catherine Elle, the girl introduced in the anime and in a manga bonus story. She's his younger sister - he apparently has many more older sisters) Oliver/Olivia Armstrong. She's....a badass general and NOTHING like her brother. All I'm saying for now.

Oh, and it's interesting to see that during the Ishbal war, Armstrong suffered shell shock.

Some the manga actually makes more sense thna the anime did. Like the fight with Greed. It makes more sense to me in the manga than it did in the anime. It's just little things you never thought about the anime, you read in the manga and suddenly you're like "Hey that makes sense! o.o"

4. Fushigi Rockna

read all 10 of my volumes then went out and bought 3 more.

The manga is ADDICTIVE. O.O