Studio Ghibli Works The Great Debate between two movies.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, May 20, 2006.

?

What movie do you like better?

1. Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Howl's Moving Castle

80.0%
  3. Can't say have not seen one or any

20.0%
  1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

A friend and I have been debating on which movie is better. So let's end it here and now.

Two movies are Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind

And Howl's Moving Castle.

So what do you all say?

My choice is Howl's Moving Castle.

2. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Howl's moving castle ftw!! Actually, I liked Spirited away alot, but Howl's moving castle is even better(because Howl is so bishie :blush2: ) XD

3. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

Howls Moving Castle is better I think Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind had it moments but I liked Howls Moving Castle more

1 person likes this.
  4. Fushigi Rockna

Neither.

Both are amazingly well done. Each have their own good points. Nausicaa is an action adventure story, Howl's Moving castle is more of a romance. To try and say which one is better isn't right in my opinion. They're equally good.

I can only imagine the reason you would try to say which is betetr is because nausicaa was Miayazaki's first movie and Howl is reported to be his last one. o_O

5. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Yep. They do both have good points. ^^ Though id have to say Howl's Moving castle because I love the plot as in Romance and the war.
    -sheeta

6. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

No it is a debate between me and my guy. Will I can't go to bed without falling to sleep to Howl's moving castle. My shoulder hurts.

Actually Nausicaa wasn't Miyazaki's first movie. Garibā no Uchuu Ryokou aka Gulliver's Travels Beyond the Moon but he was only an in betweener BUT they used his ending for the story. He was chief animator on Hols: Prince of the Sun. He was director and writer on The Castle of Cagliostro with Lupin the Third. Then it was Nausicaa.

I hope Howl's Moving Castle isn't his last. :(

It is my favorite Studio Ghibli Film even though Nausicaa is BEFORE Studio Ghibli.