Anime the great debate

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by MamiyaOtaru, Apr 13, 2001.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Allrighty, there seems to be a great deal of discussion about fan distributed *cough pirated* anime. I understand all the legal/moral ramifications of copying the stuff, but, I don't see what's to get so worked up over. Example: Someone I know was at a con recently, and the creator of some anime (SM, not with a J), threw his wallet on the floor and said the fans might as well just take his money.

....uhmm- ok, since Sailor Moon actually is well known over here I can see it, but what about all those lesser knowns? How can anyone at Gainax complain about a little swapping of Furi Kuri for example? I mean, how much money have they invested marketing their series over in the States or Europe? Cmon, the DVDs aren't even region 1, so technically we shouldn't even be able to use them.

....And while, I'm on a gainax rant, why do they have a (SMALL) set of 'approved' pictures you can use in your fan site for Eva or FLCL? We'd certainly hate for people to rip off screenshots. Publicity is obviously bad. If they don't publicise, I guess we can't either.

....It's just my humble opinion that Gainax and the rest have more business here than they ever would without the internet. No one is going to spring for a 40$ DVD of a series he hasn't seen, so a bit of responsible sampling - with a purchase of the stuff you really like - cannot be frowned on in any way.
    I for one, would never haveheard of any of these seies, cept maybe the ubiquitous Drag on Ballz and Pokemon. Internet sharing has created business, and that business is all cream, like a bonus. Property is property yeah, I know, so that's why there's a reply button. Thoughts?
    -----------------
    I am an aspiring novelist

[This message has been edited by MamiyaOtaru (edited April 12, 2001).]

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

amend to that my friend.*^-^*

CLAMP is the same way, except they don't want their actual drawings posted. only anime shot work. go fig. you would think they wouldn't mind people seeing some beautiful images online once in a while*^-^*

bb

3. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hum, ...heh...fact is the only way to get anime around here is to dl from internet...the shops sell extremelly little anime here..by some reason manga is easier to get...so I spend all my money on manga and none on anime....those I just get ripped once of :p

//Aldamel, yeah..sue me if u want :p

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

same here, either you order or dl it. can't find it anyother way. make near impossible to find the couple lone hina eps i am missing. **** me off.

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

bring that up in the Love Hina board.. people there have the craziest ideas about remedying things like that [​IMG]
    -------------------
    Spring Special