Square Enix The Greatest Vocal Final Fantasy Song Of 'Em All

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DrunkLeprachaun, Oct 31, 2002.

?

Which is the best? You decide(go fer utikisama, ye know ye want te)

1. Aria Di Mezzo Carattere

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. One Winged Angel

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Pure Heart

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Eyes On Me

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  5. Liberi Fatali

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  6. Melodies Of Life

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Otherworld

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. Sutei Da Ne

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. Utikisama

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Endless Love, Endless Road

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

So, here we are. I saw a similar topic on ffonline, but it was missing a few options, and it wasn't here, which makes it far not as gooder. Right, so here's a rundown of the songs.
    Aria Di Mezzo Carattere, the orchestrated version of the video clip of the opera scene from FFVI. Very nice.
    One Winged Angel is the music playing while you're fighting the second last for of Sephiroth at the end of FFVII. Extremely cool.
    Pure Heart is a vocal version(performed by Rikki) of FFVII's Aeris' Theme(Aerith's Theme), it appears in FFX. Sweet it is.
    Eyes On Me(Faye Wong), from FFVIII, Julia's song in english and chinese. Quite damn good, I prefer the englsih version.
    Liberi Fatali/Children Of Destiny, FFVIII's intro music. Sooooo damn cool, really really really frickin good. And Sweet. 'N ****.
    Melodies Of Life(can't remember the singer, appologies) of FFIX is, uh, available in japanese and englsih flavours, my preferance being for the nihongo. Probably my least favourite of the set.
    Otherworld(Uematsu/Smit), oh baby feel the coolness of this ****. FFX's intro song, kinda death metalish, and man does it rock. Outstanding it is.
    Suteki Da Ne/Isn't It Wonderful/Beautiful/Elegant/Steak(Rikki), FFX's main offering, was released as a single in japan(with utikisama and pure heart as b-sides), very nice indeed it is. Very nice.
    Utikisama/The Moon(Rikki), a lesser known FFX song, but in my oppinion, the best. I really really really really like this. I'm not sure what it is about it, I jes love the combination of the tune, the instruments, the words and Rikki's voice. Get this song. Get it now.
    Enless Love, Endless Road, an even lesser known FFX song, I just happened upon it on kazaa. It's not the best, but it's pretty good, ya know.
    I think I'm missing a couple of FFX songs, but there's no more room on the poll anyhow.

My vote is for Utikisama, it's just plain fantastic. Download it and agree with me.

2. Evilo

Evilo New Member

One Winged Angel all the way, FFVII is the best

3. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

One Winged Angel!

4. WhiteDragonNall

WhiteDragonNall New Member

This sprite of me should answer your question.
    [​IMG]

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

-.- Can't or WON'T remember the singer?? ><

It's Emiko Shiratori.

And, I would've voted for it, too...but Liberi just beats it out.

FITHOS. LUSEC. WECOS. VINOSEC.

(and the only thing I actually like from FFX so far is Otherworld. :p)

Eyes on Me and One-Winged Angel are alos runners up.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Voted for Pure Heart since I loved Aeris' theme, and adding vocals to it just made it sound awesome. Utikisama is pretty good, and Liberi Fatali (Fated Children) is the same. But, Pure Heart won out.

7. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Liberi Fatali.An awesome song.The opening scene in FFVIII was really good because of this song(wouldnt have been the same with anything else...:D)The vocal track from FFXI isnt too bad either...

8. Platinum

Platinum New Member

Eyes On Me without a doubt. It's the most romantic song, like, ever!!!! :D

9. Odin

Odin Member

Can I vote on songs from the Final Fantasy Vocal Collections "Pray" or "Love Will grow?"

Tohihino Nagori is one of my favorites . . .

But of the list, Liberi Fatali would probably be on the top of my list, followed very, very, VERY close behind by One Winged Angel. But it's hard to compare songs like that to, say, Eyes On Me.

So, uh, where are those other FF X vocals heard in the game: Pure Heart, Ukitisama, and Endless Love, Endless Rode???!?!?!!!
    -Odin

10. hey ! my favourite is the one of FF8 were there in the ragnorok and that song comes on and Rhinoa sits on squalls lap, i think thats the best !

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Hands Down.. Final Fantasy VI Oprah Scene.. Aria Di Mezzo Carattere

KAME

12. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

That's 'Eyes on me' and its probably my best as well from that list. Btw Faye Wong, the singer of 'Eyes on Me' sings a lot of really good songs English and Cantonese/Mandarin. She also sang the songs in the disappointing movie 'Final Fantasy' the movie.

13. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

The Chocobo music is still probably the most original and noticible music in any final fantsy and it arguebly one of the best and most catchy.

14. Odin

Odin Member

Quoting Shenlong:

Faye Wong didn't do the vocals in the Final Fantasy movie - the first end song "The Dream Within" was sung by Lara Fabian. The second end song "Spirit Dreams Inside" is done by L'arc-en-Ciel. I don't recall there being lyricless vocals in the soundtrack . . . if so, maybe Faye Wong somehow did those, but there is NO mention of Faye Wong in the credits for the Final Fantasy Movie soundtrack.

Moving on, I'd have to heartily disagree on Aria Di Mezzo Caraterre. Maybe it's just because I don't like the sound of Svetla Krasteva (who I believe sings the song in Grand Finale, since it lists the name as "Soprano"), though in the song's defense it's supposed to sound like an Opera. In that aspect, I can't complain . . . so it just boils down to my own personal taste in the sound of the voice.

::shrugs::

I guess I just like Risa Ohki better.
    -Odin

15. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Ehehehe... yeah... Sephiroth had a great song. I'll give him that much and say it was my fave. Liberi Fatali is a close second though...

16. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

My fave isn't on there >.< it's Toki no Hourousha from Final Fantasy Pray. Liberi Fatali is awesome too!

17. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Ok, maybe I was wrong :shy3:

18. blackmind

blackmind New Member

Liberi Fatali-all the way!!!

19. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I vote for Melodies of Life. It's just so pretty. The very first time I heard it, **english version** I cried but the when I listened to the japanese version I cried too. It's just so pretty and no other song could be as lovely.

20. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

One winged angel. It rules.